2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Rejected by Links... Scored 34/40 (88th percentile) on the WGT. How high should one score to get an interview invite?
Given I scored 38/40 and got the 98th percentile and still rejected, you have to do well on all areas. I think your CAPP results are quite important and they must look for specific results on that.

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    How many do Latham have on each scheme, around 10-15 people? Part of me thinks Its probably not even worth their while going through a huge bulk of applicants once they've narrowed it down to like 30/40 people that look good- hence why we haven't heard anything :(

Reactions: GM and sabma

Florawilliams

Esteemed Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Hey, i am applying for the vac scheme at Dechert.

There is an additional question that says
    If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form. 300 words

I am thinking of writing extra stuff like my skills and more about my interest in law...because the app form isn't too long so i would like to include this info. but cannot work out if this is not relevant to the question? thanks :D

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    That is very impressive! I believe you are correct about the CAPP test. It must be heavily weighed in the application process.
    It’s very frustrating as i got almost the same as the year I got an AC except one of my highest attributes was critical thinking instead of working with others! So unless they only interview the 99th percentile (which for all I know they might) then that must be an attribute which is very important to them.

PP27

Distinguished Member
    Oct 11, 2019
    Nope, 'yours faithfully' if you don't know the name of the recipient.
    Thank you! Also, if I am addressing a cover letter to the GR team, do I write it as Dear Graduate Recruitment Team, all capitalised? Also in the same letter, I refer to the 'graduate recruitment partners'. Does this need to be capitalised also?

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I applied to Simmons for their summer internship on the 1/11/2020 and completed the SJT on the 2/11/2020. I've seen people who applied after me, have received both VI offers and rejections. Should I be concerned by the firm's silence on my application?

• 📥
    Reactions: CallumJR

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I applied to Simmons for their summer internship on the 1/11/2020 and completed the SJT on the 2/11/2020. I've seen people who applied after me, have received both VI offers and rejections. Should I be concerned by the firm's silence on my application?

No - it’s only been just over two weeks since you have applied

Reactions: Celestie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.