2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Very true – although I do hope law firms don't adopt the full civil service recruitment package!

It's has a crazy amount of stages including: around 8 tests which takes around 6 hours to complete; a video interview; written answers; AC; and then final interview. It makes me thankful some firms just have cover letter/cv -> interview!
I can second this. I applied last year and failed before the AC, it was horrible!

Reactions: Lawbour

sabma

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 22, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone know whether the Gibson Dunn covering letter has to be addressed to someone? If so, who?

Secondly, has anyone heard back from Gibson yet?

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
BCLP feedback on their test is so weird - copy and paste energy ahaha. Anyone know when we find out if we are being processed?
I heard back from them 2 days after completing the online test (Monday) inviting me to an interview with grad rec, so I think they should be getting back to people soon. Good luck!

ddlt

Standard Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys,

Has anyone sent their spring vacation scheme questions to Reed Smith? If so, did you receive a confirmation email that they received it?

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
Congrats! How soon are they starting the interview process?
Thank you!! They sent me a link with several slots to book my interview, the first slot was either today or on Monday (I can't remember exactly, sorry I know that's not very helpful!) The last one on the link they sent me was next Friday (December 11) but I'm assuming they have a separate link for each week.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Has anyone been invited to interview for Sullivan & Cromwell? I’ve seen a couple on this forum put on hold (like I was this morning) but I’m not sure whether this means I’m in the “maybe” pile or this is the standard response for those not rejected.

thanks

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Has anybody done Weil VI- it says in their email that there will be 2 questions, and it takes 30 min - 15 min a question?? @Jaysen @Jessica Booker
    It won't be 15 minutes a question don't worry haha. Most likely will be 30 seconds to read/prepare an answer and then a minute to 90 seconds to give your answer.

Most likely it's saying 30 minutes including the time to get set up/make sure your camera and microphone are working/any practice questions etc.

Polzovatel

Star Member
    Aug 3, 2020
    It won't be 15 minutes a question don't worry haha. Most likely will be 30 seconds to read/prepare an answer and then a minute to 90 seconds to give your answer.

Most likely it's saying 30 minutes including the time to get set up/make sure your camera and microphone are working/any practice questions etc.
    Thanks! Are there usually only 2 questions in VI?

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Has anybody done Weil VI- it says in their email that there will be 2 questions, and it takes 30 min - 15 min a question?? @Jaysen @Jessica Booker

From the Insight Day: there will be one motivational (why law/why Weil) and one general commercial question. You get 45 seconds to prepare and 1min 30secs to answer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.