CMS 2020/1 Opportunities

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
Sep 9, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows/ heard back from CMS after finishing the WG test? I believe the next stage is the Video Interview, do CMS send those out on a rolling basis too or after the deadline has passed?

Hi, 0603

The application form and the Watson Glaser test both form the online application process. You will hear the results once applications have closed on the 4th January.

I hope this helps.

• 🤝
Reactions: Adrian_Healey and E
Jul 10, 2020
CMS asks you to give your UCAS Tariff if you have done your A-level equivalents outside of the UK. I have done mine in Romania, I did the Romanian Baccalaureate Does anyone have any idea how I should convert them? I cannot find anything on UCAS's website. Please help, thank you.

JW

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have, just competed my WG - not sure if VI’s are gonna be sent out prior to the deadline as it says on the website that this year they are rolling x

Hi! I know we have been told not to expect to hear anything back until after the deadline generally. However, I did see on the student room that some students have received video interviews already!

Reactions: Cardiff law grad

Cory

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2020
I've been waiting over 3 weeks now since VI!
Hi Olivia, firstly congratulations on your VI, I hope they get back to you soon, I know how agonising it can be waiting! I have just received a VI from CMS and was wondering what type of questions you got asked, also if you had any tips that would be great, I also recently received a rejection post-VI from Bird & Bird so hoping to do better this time!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi Olivia, firstly congratulations on your VI, I hope they get back to you soon, I know how agonising it can be waiting! I have just received a VI from CMS and was wondering what type of questions you got asked, also if you had any tips that would be great, I also recently received a rejection post-VI from Bird & Bird so hoping to do better this time!
    Ah commiserations about Bird & Bird, I failed at WG stage so you did better than me!

There’s 4 questions which are a mix of motivational, competency and scenario questions. You’ll get 60 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to speak :)

Best thing to do to practice is to record yourself speaking for a minute to perfect your position/remembering to smile and look at the camera. Also helps you gauge how much you can comfortably say in the time limit!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Hi guys,

I applied mid-October and did my VI last month.
    Positively bombed it because of nerves, but I do really want the AC so kind of falsely hopeful.

Just wondering if anyone knows if no news is good news?
    Does anyone know if they're sending out rejections before the application deadline in January?
    (I know they don't send out AC invites until after the deadline.)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi guys,

I applied mid-October and did my VI last month.
    Positively bombed it because of nerves, but I do really want the AC so kind of falsely hopeful.

Just wondering if anyone knows if no news is good news?
    Does anyone know if they're sending out rejections before the application deadline in January?
    (I know they don't send out AC invites until after the deadline.)
    I did my VI on the 12th November so it’s been over a month now too. I haven’t heard of anyone being rejected post VI yet so I think we just have to sit tight and wait!

Reactions: Adrian_Healey

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.