Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well!

I am currently practising for the PWC online test and was wondering if anyone has sat this test or if anyone could kindly give some advice for success at this stage (apart from the obvious: practice, practice, practice)?

Many thanks!

Numerius Negidius

Legendary Member
Aug 8, 2020
There are some useful threads discussing the game based assessment on The Student Room.

Several parts of the assessment test your reaction speeds, eg press the A key if a rounded shape or an odd number appears and press the L key if the shape is not rounded or an even number appears. There are also 'right answers' to the balloon popping exercise, the electricity levers game, and the game theory (competing with another business) section. You will also be asked to identify emotions on people's faces.

And at the very end, there's an incredibly annoying section in which you have to stop a spinning wheel at the right time 20 times in a row. There is a "give up" button. It's basically like the spinning wheel task in Among Us, except much harder. I spent hours doing this and ended up giving up. I don't think you have to complete it to progress to the next stage though, although it's probably best to reach at least level 15

Reactions: Ali2020

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
There are some useful threads discussing the game based assessment on The Student Room.

Several parts of the assessment test your reaction speeds, eg press the A key if a rounded shape or an odd number appears and press the L key if the shape is not rounded or an even number appears. There are also 'right answers' to the balloon popping exercise, the electricity levers game, and the game theory (competing with another business) section. You will also be asked to identify emotions on people's faces.

And at the very end, there's an incredibly annoying section in which you have to stop a spinning wheel at the right time 20 times in a row. There is a "give up" button. It's basically like the spinning wheel task in Among Us, except much harder. I spent hours doing this and ended up giving up. I don't think you have to complete it to progress to the next stage though, although it's probably best to reach at least level 15
Thanks for this!! What a strange assessment ha

sebastianyatra

Dec 18, 2019

Can back this up as someone who's also done the test. I gave up on the final task after 40 minutes or so and still managed to get through on the next round.

There are a few sections that are memory-based too (I remember there was one where you had to memorise and repeat the sequence in which objects appeared).

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Can back this up as someone who's also done the test. I gave up on the final task after 40 minutes or so and still managed to get through on the next round.

There are a few sections that are memory-based too (I remember there was one where you had to memorise and repeat the sequence in which objects appeared).
Thanks! Were the numerical and verbal reasoning tests hard??

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019

Definitely don’t have to complete it. I didn’t and passed the test. Don’t stress too much about the actual score you get either! I actually found it alright and liked that it was quite different so just try and treat it like a video game! But don’t overthink about how you performed as it’s really hard to tell

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
Would you recommend taking the test on a laptop or phone?

also, before the numerical and verbal reasoning section - are you told that this section is next? I was thinking of taking the games based stuff on my phone since hopefully my reaction time is faster and then doing the numerical and verbal reasoning on my laptop so i can more easily see the data?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Would you recommend taking the test on a laptop or phone?

also, before the numerical and verbal reasoning section - are you told that this section is next? I was thinking of taking the games based stuff on my phone since hopefully my reaction time is faster and then doing the numerical and verbal reasoning on my laptop so i can more easily see the data?
    I don't recall a numerical or verbal reasoning test, just the Skyrise City game?

Also I thought the game was quite suited to playing on my phone. Haven't tried it on a laptop though.

Reactions: iamJW and Ali2020

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Yeah just follow what Olivia said, I don’t recall a numerical test, just the game. And the game was fine on my phone but I kept getting email notifications which was annoying!

Reactions: Ali2020 and OB

h1

Esteemed Member
    Oct 12, 2020
    I just did the Career Unlocked/Skyrise City game today, and didn't receive any email and I haven't moved to the next stage on the pwc application page. When did you guys get emailed that they confirm you did the game?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.