Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Guys.... I GOT A VACATION SCHEME FOR DLA PIPER!!!!! I have been sobbing all night over it because this is the third year that I've tried and I finally made it! I still can't believe it!!!! I had the most wonderful feedback as well and I am over the moon, it couldn't have been better :D Thank you ALL for your help <3 It's a real lesson in never giving up if you feel that a firm is right for you - you just have to keep building your knowledge and embrace all available opportunities.

Well done you!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and cmaj
    D

Deleted member 8599

Willkie are currently recruiting for trainees who can start in Sept 2021,2022 and 2023. On Legal Cheek it says they have 6 training contracts in total. This leads me to the question of whether that means only 2 trainees will be taken on each year. Can anyone who has attended any presentations with Willkie provide an insight into this?
    They don’t have a set number of TC. It’s their first cycle recruiting trainees and they want to be as flexible as possible depending on their needs and available talent.

Source: Emma Baker, their main grad recruiter.

Reactions: hopefullawyer123

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Guys.... I GOT A VACATION SCHEME FOR DLA PIPER!!!!! I have been sobbing all night over it because this is the third year that I've tried and I finally made it! I still can't believe it!!!! I had the most wonderful feedback as well and I am over the moon, it couldn't have been better :D Thank you ALL for your help <3 It's a real lesson in never giving up if you feel that a firm is right for you - you just have to keep building your knowledge and embrace all available opportunities.
    Congratulations, I knew you'd smash it. :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: cmaj

M5JM

Sep 23, 2020
    If we haven’t already received a test invite from CMS, are we to assume it’s probably a rejection?

Applied day before deadline but I’ve seen that someone that applied on the same day has had a test and VI invite already. I can see they’ve been sending quite a few AC invites too.

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    If we haven’t already received a test invite from CMS, are we to assume it’s probably a rejection?

Applied day before deadline but I’ve seen that someone that applied on the same day has had a test and VI invite already. I can see they’ve been sending quite a few AC invites too.

I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything yet and I applied close to the deadline - not sure if no news is good news!

Reactions: NikkiT and Lawbour

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020

You never really know! I would honestly try and just not think about it. That way, if you get good news then great - if you don't, it's no huge loss!

Good luck with your remaining applications. :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Dheepa, M5JM and OB

CT

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 20, 2018
    Does anyone have any advice on how to approach/structure the question tell me about yourself? This is a VI question so I think we’re only given 30s to answer.

JoeF

Star Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Hi all, was just wondering if anybody knows whether Holman Fenwick recruits on a rolling basis? Really keen on applying with them but it's only until the end of the month when they close their applications.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.