Watson Farley & Williams Video Interview

xvcardell

Jan 15, 2021
2 questions, mine were standard competency. AC next week, fingers crossed.
Good luck!!! I am sure you will do great :) I wanted to ask if your competency questions were generally about your motivations for law/the firm or more 'tell me a time when..'. Always hate video interviews because of the timed aspect! Any advice would be really appreciated!

Reactions: Silas

OH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 24, 2018
Hi - How long did it take for them to get back to you after the VI?
2 days. Apologies to those on the thread who I haven't answered btw, I've received like 10+ DMs for Watson Farley alone so I've just been getting back to those instead, as others have already addressed most things here.

Reactions: SS1

Alice10

Jan 27, 2019
2 days. Apologies to those on the thread who I haven't answered btw, I've received like 10+ DMs for Watson Farley alone so I've just been getting back to those instead, as others have already addressed most things here.
Hi,

Were you given 2 minutes to answer each question, or was it 1 minute?

Thank you for helping everyone out.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

Were you given 2 minutes to answer each question, or was it 1 minute?

Thank you for helping everyone out.
I had a 1.5 mins q and a 2 min question. By the way, I think the qs are randomised as I got a commercial q and a competency q whilst others just got competency qs.

Alice10

Jan 27, 2019
I had a 1.5 mins q and a 2 min question. By the way, I think the qs are randomised as I got a commercial q and a competency q whilst others just got competency qs.

So pretty standard then for the times. Thank you for the help! And yeah, I gathered that the questions were randomised. Hope yours went well!

cfraanesi

Jan 20, 2021
I have been given a video interview with WFW and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the likely content of the questions. I have completed VIs with Dechert, Bird & Bird and CMS and would be happy to share experience with anyone who is interested. Thanks in advance!
hey - congrats on your interview! i was wondering if you might be able to share your experience with the bird & bird VI - the sort of questions you had, how long etc? this is my first VI so a bit nervous! Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.