Aspiring Solicitors Commercial Awareness Competition

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi @Jaysen . I made it to the semi-finals and I honestly have to thank you for it. Mine was primarily based around the budget and initially, I was so stressed thinking where do I start my research from, and I saw you had summarised the whole budget on the TCLA and that became my foundation from which I was able to go on and excel.

Thank you

• 🏆
Reactions: Jaysen, Jai C. and Salma

George

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
I got through as well! But I've also got two summative essays due in a few weeks so its stressing me out more than making me happy. Does anyone know if we have to go to Bristol for the semi finals or if we can just go to London if we want to?

Jai C.

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2018
Well done Budd - Irrespective of how you got through - the main thing is you got through - and thats all the records will remember ! (Too dramatic haha)

Wait what ? did they send out an email telling what topics to prepare coz In the email i got it said prepare as if this is a commercial interview?

jsoobs

Nov 2, 2018
Well done Budd - Irrespective of how you got through - the main thing is you got through - and thats all the records will remember ! (Too dramatic haha)

Wait what ? did they send out an email telling what topics to prepare coz In the email i got it said prepare as if this is a commercial interview?
haha thank you! much appreciated. No, don't worry they haven't! I just haven't gotten an email other than the one confirming my spot in the semi-final so was just wondering what people have received with regards to prep.

Tom L

Nov 23, 2018
I don't think that there is a set list of topics to prepare, as I have mine tomorrow and there's still no email about specific topics to prepare. Is anyone going to the semi-finals that will be held tomorrow (3rd Dec)?

I hope yours went well today, I have mine later this week. Am really unsure what to prepare for as they didn't provide a topics list like you said!

m24

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Completed my semi-final yesterday. It was certainly tough. 9:30 - 16:00 - three tasks, two team presentations and one written exercise. But it was a great opportunity to meet trainees from Mayor Brown and impress partners and grad rec. Good luck to all those who are competing today and next week!

Reactions: Jai C. and Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.