Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In the AC for candidates who require adjustments, it could easily be the case that it is easier to administer the AC with all of these candidates in one group.

You won’t be “pitted against” one another, it’s not like you won’t be compared to candidates who come through other ACs, it is probably just a facilitation consideration.

I used to do this in the public sector and it was to ensure more fairness in the system (eg we had specifically trained assessors, when it was in person, we ran it in an accessible part of the building).

I personally wouldn’t assume the worst, which as shown in this forum of late, we are often guilty of assuming the worst intent rather than the best.

p9b

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 29, 2019
DENTONS SUMMER VS!!! I can't even express how agonising the wait has been knowing people from my AC have heard back but not me, especially because this is the only AC I've secured and my other apps were rejections. I honestly don't think I would have stood a chance without TCLA !! 😭

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    DENTONS SUMMER VS!!! I can't even express how agonising the wait has been knowing people from my AC have heard back but not me, especially because this is the only AC I've secured and my other apps were rejections. I honestly don't think I would have stood a chance without TCLA !! 😭

Well done :)

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    The firms I applied to really said to me to these last two weeks..
    Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

j597

Star Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    Incredible!! Well done! Which office was this for? I've still got a while to wait before I even have my AC!

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    It’s the sort of thing a well meaning person might think ensures a level playing field but is actually kind of insulting. (Not because I think I’m better than other disabled people but because we should be judged with our cohort, imo.)

I mean, we’re probably barking up the wrong tree. All this waiting is making me crazy.

Yeah I deleted my OG post cause we may be barking up the wrong tree and I don't wanna put other people off the firm.

And dw, I completely agree. It feels uncomfortable to think we would be segregated from other applicants - doesn't sit well with me.

I swear when I ticked that little 'yes' box on RARE I never thought applying as a disabled applicant nowadays would be this deep!!! 😂 Although even if we do all end up together, at least it's you guys :)

• Love
    Reactions: Veep9

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For application-blind interviews (eg White & Case), is it generally expected that we don’t mention the name of my university when discussing experiences, extracurricular uni activities etc.
    They will usually give you guidance, but if they don't it is one of the questions I would ask at the start of the day or at the beginning of your interview (if it still isn't clear).

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I swear when I ticked that little 'yes' box on RARE I never thought applying as a disabled applicant nowadays would be this deep!!! 😂 Although even if we do all end up together, at least it's you guys :)
    As I said, I think me and Veep had a little panic because its around the time we would hear. We should wait until TW says something and I trust them as they seem committed to diversity. And if we are together, I look forward to it then :)

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    For application-blind interviews (eg White & Case), is it generally expected that we don’t mention the name of my university when discussing experiences, extracurricular uni activities etc.
    Hiya, I can't say specifically for W&C but I had a CV blind interview for Weil and at the beginning of the interview they asked I didn't mention the name of my uni to avoid unconscious bias but other than that there was nothing else.

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Brace yourselves for a stupid question! I usually wait until after I've been rejected before asking for feedback/marks, and I thought that was the norm, but it appears from some posts on this thread that other people don't. I completed the FF WG last month and haven't heard back - should I be emailing to ask for my mark now or after I'm rejected?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.