Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020

packhorse

Esteemed Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    You can usually calculate it from chambers student by looking at your respective firm's vac scheme numbers and then TC offers p/a. Quite a lot of firms are like this - VS does certainly not mean a TC ahah.
    Tbf it's not as simple as this though because VSers can be taken on for different intakes at the same time/app season but I guess it gives a rough idea

Reactions: Maculay and Dheepa

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    You can usually calculate it from chambers student by looking at your respective firm's vac scheme numbers and then TC offers p/a. Quite a lot of firms are like this - VS does certainly not mean a TC ahah.
    A friend of mine was on the Arnold and porter VS a few years back. I think she said there were 20 people there for only 2 open slots. She got one of them, but oh God the pressure.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Tbf it's not as simple as this though because VSers can be taken on for different intakes at the same time/app season but I guess it gives a rough idea
    Never said it was simple. You are never gonna know but its nice to know if you have a 80% chance compared to 20% chance - and its kept me focused on my other apps instead of getting into a slump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.