Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    I’m
    Hi everyone,
    I posted this on my LinkedIn feed earlier. I thought it was useful to share here as I know people have received rejection emails from us recently.

View attachment 2979
    Hi Paul

Thanks for this message. Does this mean you've finished interviewing? I haven't heard anything post-app!

Legallunchtime98

Standard Member
    Feb 23, 2021
    Does anyone know if firms are more likely to offer TCs for certain vac schemes? For instance are they more likely to give you a TC if you do the summer scheme instead of the spring scheme. I have a place on the HSF spring scheme but am worried they won't be offering many TCs from it.

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Does anyone know if firms are more likely to offer TCs for certain vac schemes? For instance are they more likely to give you a TC if you do the summer scheme instead of the spring scheme. I have a place on the HSF spring scheme but am worried they won't be offering many TCs from it.

Pretty sure HSF is one of those firms that claim they have spaces for everyone who completes the vac schemes (especially since I believe it’s their only way of recruiting).

Either way, it doesn’t quite work like how you mentioned. Firms want their future trainees to meet a certain standard. If you meet / exceed this for HSF, you should get a TC offer

Hope that helps

Lawsm21

Oct 19, 2020
    Does this mean those on the easter insight programme (2 days in april) can't apply for the TC this year (for the TC starting 2023)? Bit confused about Fieldfisher's application process at the mo ngl!
    You can't apply to Fieldfisher for their summer scheme and for their TC. If you've applied for the summer scheme this cycle then you can't get a training contract until next year.

lawloser

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2021
    Tbh i've found that they're more inclined to give TC's on spring and winter than summer. I'm not sure if thats because candidates are usually older and more experienced or because they might only have one scheme going on in that period as opposed to two or more in summer.

I've seen winter and spring schemes where 17 out of 18 and 14 out of 15 people got TC's at great firms

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.