2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawgeek_301

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
May 1, 2020
Hey does anyone know if W&C’s three-day window for the VI is actually 3-day sharp? I got it yesterday evening and it says until the 27th (GMT 00:00). I am not sure if this means tomorrow night or two nights from now and am really hoping it’s the latter. Would really appreciate some help because I’m scared I’ll try doing it on Saturday and realise it expired lol

Sekani Wraith

Valued Member
Aug 26, 2020
As I have seen a few people ask about Bakers summer vac scheme, my friend just got an AC invite from Bakers after completing his VI a couple weeks ago. So good luck to everyone waiting, you should hear back today or tomorrow.

lawstudent12345

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2021
What's the longest time anyone's waited to hear back from an AC, was told they were aiming to let us know within 5 days but it's been a week and a half
The partner told me during the interview that they were pretty fast in getting back to people and that I would know in a week, but I didn't get anything for 3! but it was good news xx

Reactions: JJ

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah that is pretty much my reasoning! Thank you.

Then that is fine. You don’t have to list out why one office is “better” when the core part of your reasoning is you want to work close to where you will live! Obviously you might want to talk about any strengths of that office that align with your own preferences too (maybe you have a strong interest in a sector that is represented more by that office), but don’t feel like you have to force this type of “motivation”.

The location questions are often put in place to help weed out people who aren’t really interested in that location.

• Love
Reactions: axd

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I was wondering what are the most difficult/unexpected commercial awareness questions people have been asked in interview? I feel like I've prepped the basics but just want to ensure I've prepared for the worst and maybe even just challenge myself!

For example, although on the face of this many people may not think this is too hard, I was asked in interview about the UK budget and didn't even know where to begin!
    Not going to lie, that one would have stumped me as well. I don’t think the budget is something many people keep up with at all. Did they bring it up off the back of things you were already discussing or was it really out of the blue? In my experience, most partners tend to stick to things you’ve mentioned and interest in the app or throughout the interview.

The hardest CA question I got asked was about how bonds get issued. And they really meant the nitty gritty technical specifics. I actually just wanted to leave the interview at that point haha.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: collie_121
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.