2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Are there any graduates (law grad 2020) who didn't receive an email from Reed Smith withdrawing them? Did the people who get emailed graduate earlier, and are they waiting post-research questions? TIA x

I am a graduate and haven't received this email (post research questions over here) but would not care if I have to wait till 2023. I can always get another job in the meantime, and I'd been hoping to spend a year brushing up on my language and other skills anyway. (not that I expect RS to actually invite me to the AC lol).

What I would be curious about is how candidates who have completed the LPC would be viewed in 2023 and whether they would be exempt from all or parts of the SQE!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I am a graduate and haven't received this email (post research questions over here) but would not care if I have to wait till 2023. I can always get another job in the meantime, and I'd been hoping to spend a year brushing up on my language and other skills anyway. (not that I expect RS to actually invite me to the AC lol).

What I would be curious about is how candidates who have completed the LPC would be viewed in 2023 and whether they would be exempt from all or parts of the SQE!
    Yeah thats fair, I'm also very happy to wait! Trying to analyse if its a good or bad sign we haven't been emailed but obviously its never wise to dwell on these things too much as what will be will be!

From what @Jessica Booker has said on the forum, I believe if you took the LPC you would be exempt from SQE1 but would still have to do SQE2!

Reactions: S87

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Yeah thats fair, I'm also very happy to wait! Trying to analyse if its a good or bad sign we haven't been emailed but obviously its never wise to dwell on these things too much as what will be will be!

From what @Jessica Booker has said on the forum, I believe if you took the LPC you would be exempt from SQE1 but would still have to do SQE2!

There are a lot of people who have applied and I think RS is dealing with them in batches so I wouldn't read into it too much.

Reactions: OB

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    I'd really appreciate it if anybody has any tips regarding the same, if they've done it before. Is it like the Watson Glaser test, or is it similar to any other kinds of tests? This is my first time doing the Stephenson Harwood test, and I'd very much appreciate some insight.

Thanks as always!
    Ooo congrats! This gives me some hope that they are in fact still reviewing applications! Best of luck!

Reactions: djqb

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Has anyone booked a slot for Trowers AC and heard back? Because I booked a slot a few days ago and the AC is the day after tomorrow but I haven't heard anything back from the firm regarding timing and any confirmation.
    I booked for next week and haven't heard anything. Would be quite nice to know the timings of the day for practical reasons...!

lfmd25

Mar 15, 2021
    Hiya! Could I ask whether it was AS or Barclays that emailed you? And when? Must be a rejection for me because I haven’t heard back at all .. would be nice to at least receive a response though!
    It was actually neither, ha. It was an external organisation that helps with reasonable adjustments etc.. and then Barclays emailed me after to say that I'd got an interview. I applied for the FB scheme too and they didn't tell me I'd been rejected, but I saw all over LinkedIn that loads of people got in! Annoying isn't it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.