2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredPG

Star Member
Forum Winner
Jan 6, 2021
I've been invited to a direct TC AC today but it might clash with a different vacation scheme. I'm meant to find out whether I got on the vacation scheme next week, did the AC over two weeks ago. Should I chase my outcome with the other firm as I don't want to keep the other waiting too long?

Was wondering if you had any insight @Jessica Booker ? Thanks

jd3447

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
anyone who has advanced to the reed smith AC in the past - any advice as to how to answer the research questions really well/ make your answers stand out? i'm sure i'm overthinking lol but not sure how to make myself stand out without a pre-AC interview lol

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
anyone who has advanced to the reed smith AC in the past - any advice as to how to answer the research questions really well/ make your answers stand out? i'm sure i'm overthinking lol but not sure how to make myself stand out without a pre-AC interview lol
Hiya, so I completed the research questions and was successful in getting to the next stage. What I would say is make sure if it is appropriate, that you link back to the firm- even if it's one sentence it shows engagement and specificity. In terms of the commercial question, I picked something niche/ specific- Reed Smith said they don't really like super general ideas, they want to see you think outside the box and really analyse the issue that you choose- I also linked the commercial impact back to Reed Smith, which I'm assuming went over well. In terms of the situational question, I spelt out the values Reed Smith was looking for, like used the words improvement, integrity etc so it would be easy for GR to pick up on sight! Hope this helps!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I've been invited to a direct TC AC today but it might clash with a different vacation scheme. I'm meant to find out whether I got on the vacation scheme next week, did the AC over two weeks ago. Should I chase my outcome with the other firm as I don't want to keep the other waiting too long?

Was wondering if you had any insight @Jessica Booker ? Thanks
I am confused. Why would a direct TC clash with a vac scheme?

Reactions: FM302989

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker, I just wanted some clarity on this. I have a WG test that I need to do, and below is the screenshot from Apply 4 Law.

After speaking with GR, they told me to follow the deadline on the Apply 4 Law page. So accordingly should I complete the test on 18 Mar 2021 (today), or can it be done tomorrow (19 Mar 2021) as well?

This might be a very stupid question, but I'm just a bit confused as to by when latest I can complete the test.

Thank you, and I'd appreciate anybody else's thoughts as well.

SH Capture.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: FM302989

ChuPnl

Star Member
Forum Winner
Feb 9, 2021
Im not sure tbh. I mean ive only seen one linkedin post and I dont think anyone on this forum has received an offer so it would be strange if that was all of them.
There's only 10 offers total, not everyone's got LinkedIn / posts on it + I feel like once people finally get a VC or TC offer they just tend to leave the forum (not everyone obviously but).
Oh and there's also a lot of people who don't post here at all / don't use forums.

I'd like to think there's still hope but I don't want to hope and then get sent the dreaded rejection in 2 days..

Reactions: Nnu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, I just wanted some clarity on this. I have a WG test that I need to do, and below is the screenshot from Apply 4 Law.

After speaking with GR, they told me to follow the deadline on the Apply 4 Law page. So accordingly should I complete the test on 18 Mar 2021 (today), or can it be done tomorrow (19 Mar 2021) as well?

This might be a very stupid question, but I'm just a bit confused as to by when latest I can complete the test.

Thank you, and I'd appreciate anybody else's thoughts as well.

View attachment 3176
It can be done tomorrow.

Reactions: djqb

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Just been invited to an in office TC interview next week. What do people in the forum think?
    I personally would not be comfortable with this considering I'd need to take public transport to go in office, that being said I think it depends on your personal feelings. Very surprised in person interviews are happening

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    The first stage was over video call now the second is in the office. Wasn't sure if this was really guideline/roadmap compliant let alone the expense, getting formal wear ready, arranging time off work at short notice.

I'm wondering if this is another sign of a different generation not adjusting?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.