2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

Oct 4, 2019
Hi - I will have mine on the 26th. Would you be so kind to share a bit from your experience and things to look out for? I am quite nervous.

I hope all goes well with yours! :)
Hi, how did the case study go? I've never done one before, so would love to hear about your experience at Mishcon!

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
V&E rejection finally came through. Not surprised and tbh I really didn’t enjoy the interview with them so not too disappointed
Got the rejection from V&E just now too. Tbh i found their interview style a bit off putting and they really didn’t seem interested in ask me many questions so not surprised

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
Hi everyone, just received my fourth post-AC rejection. That's it for me this cycle. No vac scheme/TC this year. I hate be complaining because I know many others are in the same position as I am. But I am just so disappointed in myself. I don't get how some people are able to get it right the first round. It feels very bad being in a friendship circle where people are all getting their vac schemes and I am the one with nothing. I feel like the ultimate failure. Last semester I put my studies aside to focus on the apps. I was hoping to get something this year so I could focus on graduating with a first. Now I won't be able to do that. I'm still lagging behind even though I've been putting in so much effort trying all ways to be ahead of the game. It feels really bad when you try your best and you are told that you best isn't even enough. I don't know if I have more to give. I feel like a total failure. Some nights I cry myself to sleep because I feel like a total let down to my parents. I am under so much pressure and so much stress.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just been invited to an in office TC interview next week. What do people in the forum think?

That seems to be jumping the gun a little given the UK roadmap to getting out of lockdown.

Although anything employment related does get a massive hall pass to any of that anyway.

Seems a very odd choice by the firm though in my opinion.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and FM302989

Tan

Oct 4, 2019
I just received a case study interview invite for Mishcon - can't believe it, I've had so many rejections by this point!! For all those waiting, I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be disheartened - I was convinced my VI was unsuccessful not having heard back for a while. This is my first interview, so if anyone who previously interviewed with them has any tips, I'd be so grateful!

Congrats! How was your experience post VI at Mishcon? Would be grateful to hear some tips if you have any

• 📥
Reactions: SF1234

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Hi everyone, just received my fourth post-AC rejection. That's it for me this cycle. No vac scheme/TC this year. I hate be complaining because I know many others are in the same position as I am. But I am just so disappointed in myself. I don't get how some people are able to get it right the first round. It feels very bad being in a friendship circle where people are all getting their vac schemes and I am the one with nothing. I feel like the ultimate failure. Last semester I put my studies aside to focus on the apps. I was hoping to get something this year so I could focus on graduating with a first. Now I won't be able to do that. I'm still lagging behind even though I've been putting in so much effort trying all ways to be ahead of the game. It feels really bad when you try your best and you are told that you best isn't even enough. I don't know if I have more to give. I feel like a total failure. Some nights I cry myself to sleep because I feel like a total let down to my parents. I am under so much pressure and so much stress.
It doesn't feel like it now but not securing a TC in your second year really isn't the end of the world. I failed miserably in my second year. It certainly isn't ideal having to do it all over again in your final year but as long as you prepare well (use summer to research + start thinking about how you can work on things for next time) you'll do fine. Heck, you made four assessment centres so firms clearly see potential in you.

Last edited:

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    This is going to sound so ridiculous but I am having this crazy thought of rallying all the rejects in the same position as me and pooling together a sum of money to buy out a small law firm and give us all a TC.
    "Hi is that the SRA? Yeah there's this guy on a public forum who wants to start an unregulated law firm and give out TCs not in compliance with your requiirements. Just giving you a heads up!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.