Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How long should you wait following an assessment centre before you start chasing up for an outcome? I know people who have had ACs after mine and have heard back but it’s not been even 2 weeks yet.
Always ask at the AC when you should expect to hear back by.

If you haven’t done this I’d wait until the start of the third week. For instance if you were interviewed on the 1st March, wait until the 16th before you chase up.

Two weeks is a lifetime to a candidate. It feels like about 4 hours to a recruiter.

Reactions: breadpitt

Nathan Hayes

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Always ask at the AC when you should expect to hear back by.

If you haven’t done this I’d wait until the start of the third week. For instance if you were interviewed on the 1st March, wait until the 16th before you chase up.

Two weeks is a lifetime to a candidate. It feels like about 4 hours to a recruiter.
Yeah I did ask at the AC and they just said in due course so wasn’t very specific - I suppose to give them flexibility

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I applied towards the end of December and haven't heard anything from them since. I've already heard back from all of my other applications and got a TC offer from another firm so I'm tempted to withdraw my MoFo app but I can't find an email address for their Graduate/Trainee recruitment anywhere!
Their email is [email protected] I think. I wouldn't bother though, I emailed them to chase my app (as it's been 3 months+ since I applied) and they didn't reply.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Does anyone have advice on how to pick between firms? I've just written out the dates of schemes and worked out I have to reject one and now I'm agonising

Also, do people have opinions on whether you should gain experience in other areas? I've got two vac schemes with law firms and 1 with a consultancy firm (tax division). I'm pretty sure I don't want to go into consulting straight after graduating but I haven't ever done any other work experience so it seems silly to go into law without having tried anything else? Or will it make me look uncommitted to a career in commercial law once I start applying to TCs?
I was in the same position - two of my three clashed. On the one hand, it was difficult because I really liked the firm I had to turn down, I worked so hard to get that offer, and that firm had more trainee places available. On the other hand, I just slightly preferred the firm which it clashed with. I feel like I've built a stronger connection with them and done a better job in the recruitment thus far. So I'm backing myself that I can convert it, rather than going with the other firm and wondering 'what if'...

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I just had the WEIRDEST missed call experience--I'm waiting to hear back post-AC so I was hoping it was them.

Called the number back (pressed it, so definitely didn't get it wrong) and ended up going straight through to a (very) senior judge who also has the same first name as me. So I was like "it's Horses Neighs" and he's like "No I'M horses" and he said he'd never called me 🤣 and has no association as far as I can see with any law firms, let alone any I applied for 🤷‍♀️
Sounds like horse sh*t to me. 😅

Reactions: CareerChanger

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Obviously, Orrick is doing VS for the first time this year and the WG was a little surprise for me because it's not mentioned in their application process online - but then again there isn't much information in relation to the process at all. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the next step would be post-WG for successful candidates?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.