2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ola830

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I usually put any big or long lasting pro bono placements under work history/experience unless they have a section about volunteering!
Yes, you can include these either in employment or if you would prefer, put it in a volunteering section on a CV. Some people choose to put these things in extra curriculars too - it's one.of the grey areas where it could fit into different sections depending on the rest of your experiences and where you think works best

Danke!

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    FINALLY got a response from Winckworth Sherwood after waiting since Jan 17th. The standard of apps was apparently super high and they only had 10 vac scheme places so they've only offered them to candidates 'who most needed the work experience', but I got through to the Direct TC interview stage! Only took them TWO AND A HALF MONTHS though! Sheesh

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
    Sep 19, 2019
    From Travers:

Thank you for your patience regarding the status of your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme.

We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and, unfortunately, we are unable to interview everyone who has applied.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website in mid-July for further information about the Training Contract application process for September 2023.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage. As we mentioned, due to the high volume of applications received we simply ran out of spaces and were unable to interview everyone who applied.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    From Travers:

Thank you for your patience regarding the status of your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme.

We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and, unfortunately, we are unable to interview everyone who has applied.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website in mid-July for further information about the Training Contract application process for September 2023.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage. As we mentioned, due to the high volume of applications received we simply ran out of spaces and were unable to interview everyone who applied.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith.
    Atleast now I know what to expect from them since I did my application back in November

• 🤝
    Reactions: Matt_96, thirdtimelucky and S87

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    pomodoro technique!
    Hungry Full House GIF

... is this just force feeding yourself pasta to distraction? if so - I love it 😉

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.