2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellens

Feb 24, 2021
FINALLY got a response from Winckworth Sherwood after waiting since Jan 17th. The standard of apps was apparently super high and they only had 10 vac scheme places so they've only offered them to candidates 'who most needed the work experience', but I got through to the Direct TC interview stage! Only took them TWO AND A HALF MONTHS though! Sheesh
I have still not heard anything!

E1998

Distinguished Member
Feb 17, 2021
From Travers:

Thank you for your patience regarding the status of your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme.

We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and, unfortunately, we are unable to interview everyone who has applied.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website in mid-July for further information about the Training Contract application process for September 2023.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage. As we mentioned, due to the high volume of applications received we simply ran out of spaces and were unable to interview everyone who applied.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith.
Yup I got this too...

• 🤝
Reactions: Legalmel_99

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN
This is me still waiting to hear from IM London office

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone! This is probably a very silly question but I was wondering whether I should wait to apply for the GDL after Vacation Schemes have gone ahead in hope of securing a training contract and funding? I'm concerned that if I wait till then I won't know the firm's outcome until late July and is that then too late to apply for the GDL?
No harm in applying and securing a place. Plus if you get a TC then you will be doing the GDL anyway right? So they just pay for your fees

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
I am at the point where, if I am invited to interview, I may have to pull out because it will clash with exams... there must be an OBSCENE number of apps for it to take this long!!
I can't even imagine how many they got for London, especially when the update email in February said we'd all find out by Easter 😩

Reactions: Athina

Legal1234

Standard Member
Apr 6, 2021
Hi it would be great to have your advice on this. I have secured a vac scheme for a week that clashes with one of the potential weeks for another firm I'm at final stage with. Should I wait to see whether I am offered a place on the vac scheme before letting grad recruitment know about my availability or email in advance? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.