Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Guys, I got a White & Case TC offer. For those of you who may no me.. this has not been easy. I hope to make a longer post soon, but I just want to say this took 3 years.. 2nd year, 3rd year, LLM .. finished that and now we are here.. idk what the future holds and I’ll let you know more about the terrible circumstances I’ve faced throughout these times.. but keep going.. keep believing !

Absolutely delighted for you. I have some sense of the obstacles you have faced to get where you are today, and I'm sure that's only a fraction of it. You should be incredibly proud of yourself :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Where did you get the W&C info from and where? Thanks

Where can I go to look at intakes from VS and TC? @Jessica Booker
    Intake numbers will usually be found on firm profiles on websites like Chambers student guide or Lawcareers.net.

Unfortunately there are very few details of conversion rates between the two though. The Lawyer did an article but it is now 4-5 years old and has never been updated.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Dwight

MakingMyWayDowntown

Standard Member
    Feb 12, 2021
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on this. I have been offered an internship in compliance at an asset management firm, which I am really excited about. Do you guys think it's a good thing to have for applications/in the eyes of law firms?

Many thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What are some good questions to ask in a feedback call?
    It’s really difficult to give guidance on this as it comes down to the feedback and detail you are given. Here are some of the questions I get in feedback calls though:

• Were there any specific questions I could have provided a stronger answer on?

• Can I reapply in a future cycle? If so, what do I need to do between now and then to strengthen my position

• What was my strongest/weakest assessment?

• What was my strongest/weakest competency?

The main thing about feedback calls is listening intently and then asking questions based on what you have heard that either isn’t clear or you would like more detail on.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on this. I have been offered an internship in compliance at an asset management firm, which I am really excited about. Do you guys think it's a good thing to have for applications/in the eyes of law firms?

Many thanks!
    It’s definitely not a bad thing.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Guys, I have a question because I have been reading a lot of BS and I want to have your opinion.

How long do you spend researching a firm?
    My response would be that the length of time doesn’t mean a lot. 2 hours of high quality/diverse/reliable research will be much more effective that 2 days of scrambling through lots of details/sources.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Congratulations, Mel. That's so amazing - I am so ridiculously proud of your perseverance. You deserve this so much.

Hopefully you can celebrate this week! 🎊
    Honestly Emily you’ve been so amazing thoughout this process! I wish you the best with your firms and especially your top firm!
    We need to meet up once we can ❤️ I plan to celebrate this weekend haha 😆

• Love
    Reactions: Anon 11031
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.