2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Fieldfisher after doing the online tests?
I completed them on the 26th and they emailed me on the 4th stating that bc I hadn’t completed them, my application would no longer be reviewed. But as I emailed them, I told them they made a mistake and that i did complete them and it had been more than 7 working days. They then said that they apologise and that I would hear back within an extra working days😡😡but I still haven’t heard back!!!

Sharrphie

Standard Member
May 24, 2021
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Fieldfisher after doing the online tests?
I completed them on the 26th and they emailed me on the 4th stating that bc I hadn’t completed them, my application would no longer be reviewed. But as I emailed them, I told them they made a mistake and that i did complete them and it had been more than 7 working days. They then said that they apologise and that I would hear back within an extra working days😡😡but I still haven’t heard back!!!
I am also waiting for their response for London office. I got my online test result last Thursday. It has been more than one week and no other information. The feeling of uncertainty is really killing me.

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019
If Shoosmiths or Pinsents give me a PFO today I swear I am having the worst birthday luck 😂😂😂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @lawnoodle
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND I GENUINELY HOPE YOU WILL SECURE THE TC WITH FIELDFISHER

Episode 4 Birthday GIF by Friends

• Love
Reactions: Anon 11031

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2021
Has anyone heard back from Pinsent Masons?

If anyone has applied to BCLP - I emailed GR recently they mentioned they will be looking at direct TC apps in the late summer, so expect to hear back then :) so no need to fret if you think it’s a rejection, it’s NOT!

• 🤝
Reactions: AlRJ, MLF and ZaraB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have been told that my interview questions will be competency based. I have prepped the usual ones but has anyone come across any which at first threw them off?
I’d look at the firms website to see if their are any value’s the firm states (might be on their corporate site, rather than careers pages) as that may flag up competencies outside of the norm. Often a recruitment process is aligned to what the firm wants to see in their employees/business.

But general competencies that come to mind:

Communication
Team Work
Influencing
Time management
Perseverance
Self drive
Determination to succeed
Ensuring high quality
Attention to detail
Confidence with dealing with the unknown
Resilience

Then technically not competences but:

Career motivation
Are you a nice person that people would like to work with
Are you a normal person who has interests outside of work that are going to keep you from becoming a workaholic

Asbi

Star Member
May 15, 2021
I’d look at the firms website to see if their are any value’s the firm states (might be on their corporate site, rather than careers pages) as that may flag up competencies outside of the norm. Often a recruitment process is aligned to what the firm wants to see in their employees/business.

But general competencies that come to mind:

Communication
Team Work
Influencing
Time management
Perseverance
Self drive
Determination to succeed
Ensuring high quality
Attention to detail
Confidence with dealing with the unknown
Resilience

Then technically not competences but:

Career motivation
Are you a nice person that people would like to work with
Are you a normal person who has interests outside of work that are going to keep you from becoming a workaholic

Thank you for this. I have prepared most of these so just need to add a few more.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I have been told that my interview questions will be competency based. I have prepped the usual ones but has anyone come across any which at first threw them off?
    “Do you prefer working as part of a team or as the leader?” This might be more of a strength based one but still threw me off

Reactions: Anon 11031
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.