2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

I’ve seen a few people with PFO for Pinsent Masons. I’ve check my spam & I’ve not had any emails… is it worth emailing them? I applied for the London office in November & my application was updated yesterday on the portal!
I would say so, especially if your application portal has updated!

Reactions: AW_08

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    I don't think it went that well actually but you never really know! I certainly feel like I've given a better account of myself on other schemes. It's hard to judge though because the AG scheme was just three days and it was VERY condensed.

Good luck with your application though :) which office(s) did you apply for?
    Let's just remain positive! Whatever the outcome you should be so proud that you secured a VS with them and with other firms as well. It is such a stressful and draining process so don't feel bad about it. I'm sure you did better than you think you did :)

And thank you. I applied to their London office. Which office did you apply to?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Andrew M

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Let's just remain positive! Whatever the outcome you should be so proud that you secured a VS with them and with other firms as well. It is such a stressful and draining process so don't feel bad about it. I'm sure you did better than you think you did :)

And thank you. I applied to their London office. Which office did you apply to?
    Manchester!

Fingers crossed we both hear good news soon ☺️

Lalis

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 30, 2020
    Re Fieldfisher london tc - should I email grad team as it's been over a week after the online test? I saw someone mentioned elsewhere that there are only 2 pp in grad team but the email also said they should get back to me within a week 😅

SB1539

Star Member
    Feb 26, 2021
    Just a question about work experience. After my rejection post-interview for a TC, I'm genuinely interested to learn about what part time roles I should be looking for to up my chances for next year. I have almost 7 years of work experience in different fields, but nothing specific to law. I will be doing my MA Law at ULaw this year, so something to work around that would be great. I didn't do an LLB (hence the conversion degree) and I've limited legal experience apart from online schemes, virtual vac schemes with Legal Cheek, and I'm an AS member so I look for mentoring schemes with that too.

Thanks in advance!
    I would say speak to some legal recruiters, such as EJ Legal, LawSupport, Chadwick Nott etc.! They're often looking for short-term temporary paralegals for some big firms.

That's how I got my current paralegal role, they were looking for document reviewers for a two week project (with no experience and no LPC), but eventually landed me with more project work and eventually a permanent role at the firm and I've been with them for two years now!

But in terms of experience, doing a few of the short-term projects is definitely something that can bulk up your CV and can give you more experiences to talk about in interviews/applications etc. So definitely worth reaching out :)

• ℹ️
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Veep9 and BoulderCO

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    I would say speak to some legal recruiters, such as EJ Legal, LawSupport, Chadwick Nott etc.! They're often looking for short-term temporary paralegals for some big firms.

That's how I got my current paralegal role, they were looking for document reviewers for a two week project (with no experience and no LPC), but eventually landed me with more project work and eventually a permanent role at the firm and I've been with them for two years now!

But in terms of experience, doing a few of the short-term projects is definitely something that can bulk up your CV and can give you more experiences to talk about in interviews/applications etc. So definitely worth reaching out :)
    They never reply me 😩😩 How did you get in touch with them? 😂

Bea Ildem

Aug 28, 2020
    Hi! So I have never done an assessment day before and I have been invited to the assessment day for Howard Kennedy - it's their final stage and is made up of a group assessment in the morning and final partner interview in the afternoon.

I feel okay for the group assessment but I have no idea where to even start with prep for the interview. Is someone able to give me some tips? Or even better, has anyone had experience with being interviewed at Howard Kennedy? I feel quite behind in being up to date with commercial/business news - I don't think I've even tried to articulate any of my opinions or thoughts on commercial issues so I am at the bare basics here. Any advice or tips are welcome!!
    Hey, DM me! For some reason I can't direct message you.

A

Anon 11031

Hey! Don't know if this will help anyone but it's an example of a group exercise task. It popped up on my LinkedIn but it might actually be helpful for written exercises or case studies for those who are new to ACs.

Alice94

Nov 27, 2019
    I have an upcoming AC with Fieldfisher
    smile.png
    I'm very nervous as it's my first AC - any hints or tips on how to prepare would be hugely appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.