Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Future Trainee
Oct 27, 2018
That's fantastic news- well done!

Do you happen to have any tips for the day? I have my AC with them next week :)

Thank you! :)

I'll break the day down into its three elements.

Drafting exercise
  • Manage your time! It goes very quickly - Allot time to read the materials, plan, and make sure you address each element of the question.
Negotiation
  • Don't stick to a pre-planned ridged structure. Make sure that you know your partners arguments back to front and they know yours. At the end of the day, it’s a test of team work as well as commercial acumen.
Interview
  • I can't remember it very well. However, just prepare for normal interview questions. It isn't heavily commercial at this stage!
Most importantly, try to relax and keep calm :)

Reactions: Felicia

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Well done guys.

According to a student who took the test in January, the video interview was a mixture of why law, why Latham, a competency question and a question on extracurricular activities.

I can confirm that the above questions came up for me aswell (last year), but also a question on a business I admire, why I admire and the risks and opportunities the business faces.

Good luck all!

Reactions: Alice G

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just received a PFO from Skadden! Can’t say I am feeling too bugged out though, as I don’t think I was that passionate about the firm anyway.

Also emailed HSF two days ago, to ask if I’d passed the test or not, and they didn’t reply, so maybe another PFO on the way??

• ℹ️
Reactions: gricole

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Skadden is also being quite confusing ahah. In my rejection email they stated that they received “an exceptionally high number of excellent apps”. But they reopened their vac schemes apps, extending the deadline till the 27th? Does anyone know why firms might do this?

Reactions: gricole

PMF_II

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
For those concerned, I just got an video interview invite from Latham 5 minutes ago

Latham VI invitation! Any tips?

Answers my question from the other thread, me too!!! :) So happy

I'm not sure if the questions have changed this year. When I took their VI last summer, I got two rather unusual questions: "Why did you choose your university course?" and "Which company do you admire the most?". In addition, you will get the usual "why law", "why Latham". I didn't get any commercial questions. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.