Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    so embarrassed to be "that pfo person" but hoping my transparency helps someones anxiety.

The streak continues... Orrick pfo.
    It’s important to announce PFOs just as much as it is the successes! We all get rejection and sharing them makes the process seem less isolating.

Rooting for you and everyone else to be posting “pleased to announce” soon though!

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    so embarrassed to be "that pfo person" but hoping my transparency helps someones anxiety.

Don't be embarrassed at all.

As much as LinkedIn makes it look like everyone gets an amazing TC offer or 5 in second year that isn't my or a lot of others reality, this cycle I've had 4 PFO's, 1 VI invite which I am expecting to be followed by a PFO as it was not my best or even a good performance and I have one more application outstanding.

One of my favourite things about this forum is the honesty from people about the reality of the process.

Here's hoping we can both turn those PFO streaks into the coveted happy to announce post soon enough.

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    In case anyone else applied and is waiting to hear, I just received an invite to the first-round interview at Clintons!

I’m obviously not taking the interview as my TC is signed, so hopefully they can interview someone else instead!

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019

I have been that PFO person so many times. If it is a firm you really love, I recommend reapplying the following cycle(s) if the firm allows and you can strengthen your application in some way.

I applied to my “dream” firm in 2019 and did not get through the initial application stage. I was so determined to get that particular TC! I self-funded the GDL and then got a paralegal job. As cheesy as it may sound, I also really took the time to work on myself as a candidate. I attended more events, spoke with lawyers at the firm, and worked on truly understanding “why law” for me personally. I reapplied this year to my dream firm and got the TC!

I know many firms do allow candidates to reapply in subsequent cycles, so have a look if you can. Happy to discuss further or take a look at applications if I can help at all.

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    I have been that PFO person so many times. If it is a firm you really love, I recommend reapplying the following cycle(s) if the firm allows and you can strengthen your application in some way.

I applied to my “dream” firm in 2019 and did not get through the initial application stage. I was so determined to get that particular TC! I self-funded the GDL and then got a paralegal job. As cheesy as it may sound, I also really took the time to work on myself as a candidate. I attended more events, spoke with lawyers at the firm, and worked on truly understanding “why law” for me personally. I reapplied this year to my dream firm and got the TC!

I know many firms do allow candidates to reapply in subsequent cycles, so have a look if you can. Happy to discuss further or take a look at applications if I can help at all.
    so kind of you Penelope and super inspiring. I'll take you up on that offer

Reactions: Anon 11031

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Orrick?

I've been nervously jumping every time I get an email notification after seeing a few PFO's have gone out today and I've still heard nothing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.