Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that! Not sure what they are looking for with those interviews. I managed to get an AC for them which kind of makes up for the 3 rejections I had yesterday!

Good luck with your other apps

Thanks Katie. You just never know with these things sometimes but upwards and onwards.

Congrats and well done! Good with your AC! How much notice did they give you?

Michelle

Dec 5, 2018
ah I applied for Spring and on the deadline too :( did you hear yesterday? I didn't do my test until the day before their given deadline though which i don't believe was best practice!
Thank you for answering!
Yes I did :) & I did the test a good week after the deadline so I was surprised they got back to me quickly - got told I passed the test a few days after doing it. Have you heard back since the test?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Yes I did :) & I did the test a good week after the deadline so I was surprised they got back to me quickly - got told I passed the test a few days after doing it. Have you heard back since the test?

Ahh I see, yeah literally exactly the same as you, heard back that I passed the test within a few days too. Nothing since then and my app is supposedly still under review on the portal. My topic was a reasonable risk which might not have paid off. Will see if I hear next week but if not maybe it wasn’t to be! Really happy for you though and hope it goes well! I’ve heard many people say it’s technical so maybe if you have time it would be good to get a book to help with general commercial stuff? I got Chris Stoakes’ ‘All You Need To Know About The City’ and it’s really useful! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Michelle

Michelle

Dec 5, 2018
Ahh I see, yeah literally exactly the same as you, heard back that I passed the test within a few days too. Nothing since then and my app is supposedly still under review on the portal. My topic was a reasonable risk which might not have paid off. Will see if I hear next week but if not maybe it wasn’t to be! Really happy for you though and hope it goes well! I’ve heard many people say it’s technical so maybe if you have time it would be good to get a book to help with general commercial stuff? I got Chris Stoakes’ ‘All You Need To Know About The City’ and it’s really useful! :)
Good luck with it!

& Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Alice G

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi! Does anyone know how firms give vac scheme acceptances? Phone or e-mail?
I think it depends on the firm - the vast majority seem to call but some will send out an email! They usually let you know at the AC which way they will be contacting you. If you are unsuccessful it is most often an email however. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: Harshal

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Since Skadden have extended their vac scheme deadline I decided to send in my application after all - has anyone here applied and received an AC? I was wondering roughly when they are being held and how long the firm took to reply post app? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

ESE

Standard Member
Dec 14, 2018
Since Skadden have extended their vac scheme deadline I decided to send in my application after all - has anyone here applied and received an AC? I was wondering roughly when they are being held and how long the firm took to reply post app? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!
A friend of mine has an AC at Skadden this Tuesday, but I’m not sure when he applied. He heard back a week or two ago. I applied on the day of the deadline and just got a PFO a couple days ago.

Reactions: Maddie R

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
A friend of mine has an AC at Skadden this Tuesday, but I’m not sure when he applied. He heard back a week or two ago. I applied on the day of the deadline and just got a PFO a couple days ago.
Thank you, that puts the timeframe in perspective a bit!! I'm sorry about your PFO but there are bigger and better things to come! :)

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys, to everyone who completed AND passed the HSF online assessment, is your online application status 'under review' (with an addendum stating 'we are reviewing your application')? I completed the HSF test 2 weeks + ago, but have not received my test results even after emailing them to ask! Wondering if 'under review' means they are reviewing my app now (implying I passed the test) or it simply means they have my application?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Was really trying to refrain from asking and try to figure this out for myself, but I sent an email to Latham to clarify their deadline and whether we had Sunday to complete the VI or not and they said this:

'Thank you for your email. You have until midnight on Sunday 27 January to complete the video interview.'

But at 00:40am today I got an email saying this:

'Your last chance! Latham & Watkins’ interview deadline is on Sunday!

We wanted to let you know that this is your final opportunity to complete your Video Interview for Spring Vacation Scheme 2019.. The deadline for this interview is 27 January 2019 (GMT+00:00).'

I am honestly baffled - i was thinking this meant essentially 23:59pm on the 27th but the reminder email has really stumped me. I really could do with the extra day to prep but I might have to do it today. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.