Latham & Watkins Open Day/Vac Scheme

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys,

So I went for a mock assessment centre organized by Latham for LSE's law society. They gave us a lot of pointers for the recruitment process (which for the most part, I think, these have been stated on the forum) I am not sure if this is useful anymore, just putting it out there.

So for the VI, graduate recruitment gave the following tips:

1. Before you do your VI, pick out 3 or 4 questions and practice answering them while recording yourself. Then re-watch the recording to pick up any waffling, excessive usage of 'umm..' or any general incoherence in what you are saying. This might be cringey to do, but helps many candidates.

2. They are really impressed with candidates who offer a clear structure in their responses, as opposed to reeling off a train of thought. This entails specifying (I have three reasons for why I am interested in M&A/Latham/etc, and signposting these reasons briefly)

3. Try not to keep notes or paper with your answers in front of you, because it becomes really obvious to the viewer that you are referring to them. Instead, try to put post it notes with keywords, facts or experiences you want to definitely mention around the wall or on your screen, and use them as a springboard for your responses.

• 🏆
Reactions: Dolores and Salma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.