TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019
just to clarify, are you talking about the actual application on CVmail? Because mine has no questions so I just assumed they asked about your motivations to apply to Clyde & Co in the VI?
Yes, no app question in the app form. But when you progress to the Capp assessment there will be a mix of SJT-questions and video interview questions. It is very similar to the Linklaters assessment (@Asil Ahmad )

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Yes, no app question in the app form. But when you progress to the Capp assessment there will be a mix of SJT-questions and video interview questions. It is very similar to the Linklaters assessment (@Asil Ahmad )
    Are the video interview questions like why this firm so do you need to prepare questions in advance and do research on the firm and their competitors.

EVjuji

Valued Member
    Nov 29, 2019
    Are the video interview questions like why this firm so do you need to prepare questions in advance and do research on the firm and their competitors.
    I cannot give away too much but it is a mix of situational questions (what would you do in that situation) and questions around the firm. So it is definetly worth to do research on the firm.

Last edited:
    Reactions: OB

Lawgrad

Jan 3, 2021
    Does TCla have a list i can access?😟
    I definitely know freshfields won’t accept graduates but I’m not sure on others! You’re best just looking at all the firms you’re interested in applying to and finding which ones don’t allow graduates. It will only be very few who don’t and you just apply to their direct TC instead!

Reactions: OB

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    is there anyone else who hasnt done a winter AC for A&O yet and is still under review? i did apply extremely late to the vac but finding it strange that my app status is still under review when i know most ac's have happend already ?! losing hope lol
    Tbh I wouldn’t say most ACs for A&O have occurred. I am only aware that only 2/3 people overall have had ACs with the firm.
    I do believe that the firm is giving ACs to those who did the first year scheme first bc they most probs got fast tracked to the AC and then I think they’re gonna move to everyone else.

Iris best

Distinguished Member
    Oct 29, 2020
    Tbh I wouldn’t say most ACs for A&O have occurred. I am only aware that only 2/3 people overall have had ACs with the firm.
    I do believe that the firm is giving ACs to those who did the first year scheme first bc they most probs got fast tracked to the AC and then I think they’re gonna move to everyone else.
    I didn’t do either and was in the first week of AC’s, I’m afraid to say!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.