Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, has anyone completed a telephone interview with Ashursts? If so, how did it go?

Hi, yes I did a telephone interview for the TC. It was quite relaxed and conversational, asked me about my grades and education background, why I chose to study law and then a bit more about my work experience and why Ashurst. Although it felt like it went quite well, I didn't make it to the next round. I didn't get any feedback but I think the area I may have not been in-depth enough was why Ashurst.

Hope this helps and goodluck

Chester27

Standard Member
Sep 17, 2018
Hi, yes I did a telephone interview for the TC. It was quite relaxed and conversational, asked me about my grades and education background, why I chose to study law and then a bit more about my work experience and why Ashurst. Although it felt like it went quite well, I didn't make it to the next round. I didn't get any feedback but I think the area I may have not been in-depth enough was why Ashurst.

Hope this helps and goodluck
Hi Catherine, thank you for your response. I have just completed my telephone interview and it was quite relaxed as you said. Sorry to hear about the outcome - its quite difficult to gauge what these firms want at times. Did you find out the outcome immediately or did you have to wait a few days?

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi Catherine, thank you for your response. I have just completed my telephone interview and it was quite relaxed as you said. Sorry to hear about the outcome - its quite difficult to gauge what these firms want at times. Did you find out the outcome immediately or did you have to wait a few days?

I had the interview on a Friday lunchtime and heard back the following Monday, so pretty quick.

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Has anyone heard back from Baker McKenzie? I submitted an application on the deadline day but not heard anything since.

If anyone has heard back, how quick was the process for doing online tests, VI and then getting an AC? I am meant to be going on holiday in March but am scared to book it in case I do get an AC!

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
I still haven't heard either. Do you know approx. how much notice they give for anyone doing an AC?
Hey I’ve also not heard anything since the 15th when I was told I had passed the test and my app was under review, I know since then people have received AC offers and also been rejected so not sure what to make of having heard nothing. Can I ask when you heard back about passing the test?

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey I’ve also not heard anything since the 15th when I was told I had passed the test and my app was under review, I know since then people have received AC offers and also been rejected so not sure what to make of having heard nothing. Can I ask when you heard back about passing the test?
I heard back about my application being under review on 4th January. What about you? I am quite tempted to ring or email and find out how many more ACs there are.

J Malone

Valued Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hey among those who got an wrong email from HSF (bc of their technical problem) is there anyone who get any message from HSF?

Though I have sent several emails to them, I have never heard of any response and I still wonder about my status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.