TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
just was wondering if you sit the watson glaser test for a firm, only that specific firm can see your score right? like that test score doesnt serve for any other firm you apply for that cycle which also requires the watson glaser test?
Hi @Sandrr_O!

Apologies if this has already been answered, but yes only that firm can see your score. From my understanding the results you produce are only accessible to the firm asking you to take that specific test!

Very happy to answer any follow-ups! How have you been finding WG tests so far?

For some general WG tips I would highly recommend checking out the links in @AvniD's post here 🚀

• Love
Reactions: Jaysen and AvniD

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
just was wondering if you sit the watson glaser test for a firm, only that specific firm can see your score right? like that test score doesnt serve for any other firm you apply for that cycle which also requires the watson glaser test?
Definitely only applies to the firm you have applied to due to data protection. You’d have to sign something saying who else the data could be shared with, but I can’t think of any instance where this happens. The test provider also makes far too much money making you do the test multiple times with different organisations, so it wouldn’t be in there interest to cross sell your data in this way either.

Reactions: Rob93

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Are we allowed to take short breaks before answering questions during a telephone interview with a firm or is it better that we answer the questions immediately?
    Do you mean pausing before answering the question? If so, then yes, pausing can be good because you can get time to gather your thoughts and put together a more convincing answer

Reactions: James Carrabino and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Are we allowed to take short breaks before answering questions during a telephone interview with a firm or is it better that we answer the questions immediately?
    Saying something like “can I take a moment to think about that” and then taking a few seconds to structure your thoughts (no more than 12 seconds though) can be done, but I wouldn’t do this for every question, so use it tactically.

You don’t have to answer absolutely immediately after the question has been asked, and a very brief pause before answering is natural (eg under 5 seconds) but if you think you need longer than this, ask for some time to think about it.

If you are really stuck and panicking, you can ask whether you can come back to that question at the end of the interview, but you can typically only use this once in an interview before it gets a bit odd, so again use it tactically.

Reactions: OB

SebKru10

Star Member
    Apr 15, 2021
    Saying something like “can I take a moment to think about that” and then taking a few seconds to structure your thoughts (no more than 12 seconds though) can be done, but I wouldn’t do this for every question, so use it tactically.

You don’t have to answer absolutely immediately after the question has been asked, and a very brief pause before answering is natural (eg under 5 seconds) but if you think you need longer than this, ask for some time to think about it.

If you are really stuck and panicking, you can ask whether you can come back to that question at the end of the interview, but you can typically only use this once in an interview before it gets a bit odd, so again use it tactically.
    Amazing, thank you Jessica! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.