Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC1993

Sep 8, 2018
Rejection from Bird & Bird post-AC. A bit gutted but felt I gave a good account of myself and prepared well so one of those things I guess... hopefully, the feedback call will be beneficial. Fingers crossed get positive news from Weil!
I'm sorry to hear this! Always remember that the firm you finally get will want you as much as you want them :) That's how I'm trying to look at it anyway.. Best of luck for Weil!

Reyak

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2018
Still haven’t heard back from HSF since passing the test in early January. Is there any chance of a positive outcome or surely this must be a silent PFO?
From my own personal experience HSF certainly take their time. I know someone who is in the same boat as you. I wouldn't take it as a PFO just yet.

Received an AC invite from Ropes & Gray but not a huge amount of information available on it -- anyone been to one of their ACs?

• 🏆
Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Excited to say i've been invited to an ac at BCLP! It's my first ever ac!

The email just says:

'A drafting exercise, a business style role play, a group negotiation and a competency based interview with a member of HR or an Associate'.

Any guidance from someone who has completed at ac with them before would be really amazing :)
Well done!!

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Rejection from Bird & Bird post-AC. A bit gutted but felt I gave a good account of myself and prepared well so one of those things I guess... hopefully, the feedback call will be beneficial. Fingers crossed get positive news from Weil!
Really sorry to hear this Daniel but you have the most wonderful attitude towards these things and your feedback will help! I know how much you like Weil and I really believe that firms can tell when a candidate is dedicated to them!! This is all fantastic experience for you and I have everything crossed for you with Weil too!! :) :)

• 🤝
Reactions: S30 and Daniel Boden

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Sorry to hear this Daniel! We can only try our best, exactly as you did. Praying for Weil for you

• 🤝
Reactions: Daniel Boden

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
Although not quite a training contract yet, I'm happy to say I have a summer vacation scheme place with Simmons & Simmons. Thank you to everyone that's offered support or tips or answers to my questions. I hope from here it will be only onwards and upwards, for me and everyone else still working hard to get where they want to be. I'd be happy to share my tips in general or for Simmons assessment centres too

Congratulations!! Well done :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Hazal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.