Attending Open Days/Insights for the 2nd time?

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Wondering what everyone thinks about applying to attend Open Days/Insight evenings for the second time if you are reapplying to a firm for the second or even third time? Is it necessary? Should you apply to attend to show commitment? Perhaps they change the assessment procedure so it could be useful with new info?
Any advice?

Reactions: v123

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi Helena,

I’m not completely sure but I would recommend maybe going to other events they host to get a new perspective that can help with applications. Ie. reed smith hosts skills masterclass sessions so having been to their open day I’d consider going to the skills session instead.

Reactions: Helena

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Helena,

I’m not completely sure but I would recommend maybe going to other events they host to get a new perspective that can help with applications. Ie. reed smith hosts skills masterclass sessions so having been to their open day I’d consider going to the skills session instead.
Yes this is true and I will look out for these. I am not sure how many firms have different events so this could be a challenge.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.