Jaysen
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Articles Showcase items Featured content Groups Achievements About

• Hi Jaysen, How do you prepare for commercial law competency and strengths-based interview questions? I find there are so many (100s) and it brings me anxiety that there are so many and not knowing what questions are going to be asked. Also, what are your tips on timed video interviews? I feel the countdown on them are quite daunting and I feel like I have to speak fast. :'( I hope you can help and thank you so much
    Hi Jaysen, please would it be possible to have subtitles on videos or include transcripts? It is hard for me to follow audio without them, thank you very much!
    Jaysen
    Ah yes - this is definitely on the list. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
    Hi Jaysen,

I signed up to a gold membership yesterday but I don't think I've been given access to the Crash Course just yet. Was wondering if this is a glitch or a mistake on my part.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Rachel
    Hi Jaysen

Are fast track application reviews for Premium Members only? The standard application review link states that it’s for Premium only, but the fast track doesn’t? The deadline for my application is coming up and I would really really like to have it reviewed before submitting! Stressful times!

K
    Fab thank you!
    K
    Hi Jaysen!

I signed up to Gold and submitted my application on the "Application Review" page just now.

Just wanted to confirm I have done this right.

Jaysen
    Received, thank you!
    Hi Jaysen,

I have messaged you on Linkedin about this, apologies if you read the same thing twice! As you have interviewed with Arnold & Porter, are you aware as to if they sponsor international students? I have not been able to find any information online, graduate recruitment have also not gotten back to me. The application does ask if you require a visa to work in the UK.

Kind regards,
    Suhail
    Jaysen
    Hi Suhail - wish I could help but I'm afraid I didn't interview at Arnold & Porter - the post you saw was likely me posting on behalf of an anonymous candidate! In terms of whether they sponsor international students, your best bet for a response would be to call them :)
    Hi,

I have a case study interview coming up; it will be based on advising a company who wants to open up in a different country - what things should I consider? What sectors of a law firm would be involved and why?
    Jaysen
    Hi Lily,

Please create a thread in the forum and I'm sure someone will get back to you in due course.

Thanks,

Jaysen
    Hi jaysen, hope you're doing well.

I have the SJT coming up for A&O this week and wanted to get some guidance on it. If you did the SJT for A&O/any other firm, do you remember what the questions were/the patterns of questions they asked, and specifically how you practiced for that test? Do you have any recommendations that helped you such as purchasing the SJT pack from jobtestprep?

Thank you!
    Jaysen
    Hi Nabaf,

I did my applications a long time ago, so I can't be of much help here. Feel free to create a thread in the forum and you may find more recent applicants can help!
    Hi Jaysen, I have a quick question. How does it work with getting application reviewed? :) Thank you
    Jaysen
    Hi Karin - we only review the application questions at this point. (We find the work experience sections a bit too subjective/variable.)
    Karin
    Awesome, thank you! Just submitted my application for the review - thank you for doing this :)
    Jaysen
    Received, thanks! I'll return tomorrow with comments.
    Sorry to bother you, I cannot seem to get on to TCLA Premium after you kindly awarded it today. Can you help? Perhaps I need to make the payment? Thanks
    Hi Jaysen, I am thinking about purchasing a mock interview- would I be able to have it before Monday as that is when my interview is, I just wanted to check before pay.

Thank you in advance,

Natasha Cooper
    Hi Jaysen,

I'm in my final year at Uni and an international student. I'm finding it hard to get past the application stage and have received 7/13 rejections so far this application season. As my visa is also set to expire soon, I was hoping you could help me with an application which I could then model other applications on?
    Thanks in advance
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.