The Corporate Law Academy Forum

N
Hi Christy,

There's a character count on these messages so I had to break this down into a few comments.

- One of the most important things I would say is try to keep abreast of the news, even if it's just taking a flick through the BBC News app each day. It took me a while to catch up with this because it wasn't something I was used to and that caught me out in earlier interviews.
N
- Get someone to review your application before you send it off. This is true especially for the first few applications when you don't really tend to know if you are writing your applications correctly.
N
- Your first few applications are inevitably going to be weaker than your last. So that means initially apply to firms that aren't your topic choice. This is important especially as law firms can stop you applying for a firm twice in one application cycle. My apps to the three firms you mentioned were all later apps I did.
N
- Get involved in a couple of activities at uni that are non-law related. This is anecdotal, but in my experience, it gave me something more interesting to talk about at interviews.
N
I hope that helps! You are still far more ahead of things than I was when applying!
D
  • D

Deleted member 348

Thank you! I was planning on applying to first year schemes really (with the possibility of a TC interview at the end). How would you recommend going about this as it doesn't really leave much room for practicing my application style?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.