Search results

  1. D

    Interview/Open Day/Vacation Scheme Updates- Coronavirus

    I agree. I was scheduled for a summer vac scheme with a more niche firm that only does two schemes with 6 people on each. It was to happen in late July and is now altogether cancelled despite the small number of vac schemers.
  2. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    I'd recommend trying with the following agencies: - Strictly Recruitment (law firms) - Graff Search (in-house) - Pure Search (in-house) - DMJ Legal (in-house + co-sec) - Jameson Legal (law firms) Probably goes without saying, but they will mostly advertise for London only.
  3. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    I actually have a job - and a demanding one at that! :) That's why I wrote that I am grateful for having a steady job during current circumstances - sorry if it wasn't clear from my initial post. I agree about new hobbies - I also started cooking and utilising some of the cook books I have...
  4. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    This is going to be slightly off-topic, but... does anybody else find it very hard to focus on applications right now? Personally, even though I work from home there's not much time that I can use to write applications (I am taking a cheeky coffee break right now) - not only I am actually...
  5. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Is anybody still waiting to hear back from DAC Beachcroft following the VI (the one that had a deadline on 31/01)? I see more people getting invites now but here I am wondering whether the VI that I did back in January actually got lost :p (my application is still pending, so I'm still hoping...
  6. D

    Inspiration!

    Yeah, I am well-aware of this, I live in Zone 2 and there are same issues there. I know that sometimes Amazon might be the only place to get things from right now, but all the same as long as something is non-essential people should really think twice before they order something - speaking to...
  7. D

    Inspiration!

    I don't like being this person who does virtue signalling, but... guys, if you really don't need to, please do not shop at Amazon right now. I know people working at their warehouses or as delivery drivers and the situation there is dire because of coronavirus and the lack of any proper measures...
  8. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Yeah, that's my reading of it as well - hopefully they will resume recruitment in summer / autumn - I have been waiting for my TC for some time now so I guess a few months would not make that much of a difference, it's just that both emails came within one hour and so slight disappointment...
  9. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Within the space of one hour I received emails from two law firms that they are putting their trainee recruitment on hold for now. I fully appreciate that these are strange times that we are living in and that these particular firms were more niche but all the same it is a bit sad for me after...
  10. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    I feel the exact same and, to be honest, I'm kind of relieved that I am not the only one. Seemingly I have more time on my hands, but this is the first time in years when I don't care about getting a TC as much as I did before - really, all I care about right now is that my family and friends...
  11. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    It all goes back to the basic principles of the employment law really, i.e. if the job is offered and subsequently accepted by the candidate, then it constitutes a legally binding contract. Any withdrawal after this stage would be a breach and allow for some sort of damages and/or compensation...
  12. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Sorry, I am a bit confused, but do you mean them removing the training contract vacancies effectively? Then the answer is, again, yes - no law firm is under obligation to take on trainees, they can even hold final interviews and then decide that after all they don't want to take any trainees and...
  13. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Of course, a training contract is like any other job offer so it can be terminated/cancelled because: 1) a prospective trainee failed to fulfill a condition of the job offer (e.g. if s/he had to pass the LPC on the first attempt but failed to do so, they did not disclose all required...
  14. D

    Ask A Graduate Recruiter Anything!

    Hi Jessica! Very often the application is accompanied by the Diversity & Equality form and I am somewhat struggling what answer to provide with "Are you the first generation of your family to go to university"? In my case, my mum went to uni when I was 16, so two years before I started my...
  15. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Thank you for your kind post, I really appreciate it!❤️
  16. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Rejection post-AC for King & Spalding... I am quite gutted, but 1) I still have a VS lined up for the spring with another law firm, 2) I think it was actually a great experience, 3) there were so many great candidates that day that if I had to make a shortlist, I would find it very tricky too!
  17. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Might be a good thing, then! Keeping fingers crossed for you :)
  18. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Yup
  19. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    (Finally) a PFO from Winston & Strawn.
  20. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Nothing from Winston & Strawn. Someone posted here a couple of weeks ago that they got their invite but I think most of us are still in the limbo.