Search results

  1. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Hey, sometimes you might feel that the interview did not go well but in fact your performance could have been better that you think it was! I know it is not always a rule, on one occasion I knew instantly I screwed up too and when the rejection came I was like "yeah, fair enough" BUT equally, I...
  2. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    So.... DAC Beachcroft. It's been radio silence for me and my friend ever since we completed our VI more than a month ago. Anyone going through the excruciating pain of waiting for their decision, too?
  3. D

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Still waiting, but considering that people got their interview invites last week I guess it will be (yet another) PFO.
  4. D

    Assessment Day - Negotiation exercise and presentation

    Thank you very much, that is massively helpful! It is for King & Spalding :)
  5. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Neither me nor my friend heard back from Winston & Strawn yet so I guess we have to wait!
  6. D

    Assessment Day - Negotiation exercise and presentation

    As far as I know, there is only one assessment day but split into two slots - I am in the morning one, how about you?
  7. D

    Assessment Day - Negotiation exercise and presentation

    Bump. I think we are in the assessment for the same law firm then :) If someone more experienced could share their knowledge here about these exercises, I too would be grateful as I was never at the AC for which I had to prepare in advance (the presentation bit). @Jaysen do you have any tips...
  8. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Has DAC Beachcroft got back to anyone post-VI yet? Or Winston & Strawn post-application?
  9. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Just received a PFO after an application that I spent hours on - one that I was quite sure was one of my best to date and which was actually reviewed for me by two people, including a current trainee at the said firm. I honestly do not know what went wrong, I am scanning it right now and I keep...
  10. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Is anybody still waiting for Stevens & Bolton? I know that two people already got their interview invites last week but I have heard nothing yet. Probably a PFO at this point, but I am trying not to lose hope.
  11. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Two years ago I misspelled my own name (!) in the email by accident but I was still invited to an interview, so all hope is not lost! :) Obviously not a great situation to be in, but maybe they won't even notice.
  12. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    No, it is for TC 2021 :) They had a window opened for this between October to December. Also, they definitely do not recruit on a rolling basis but only once all applications are submitted. For reference, I applied on 27 December (so a few days before the deadline) and heard back yesterday with...
  13. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Has anyone ever done the AC at King & Spalding and could possibly offer some insight? (Yeah, I got the invite. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity. In the words of the genius of our times, Ms Taylor Swift: "The drought was the very worst".)
  14. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Can I ask when you heard back from them? I haven't received any response to my application yet, so probably another rejection for me then...
  15. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Anyone heard from DAC Beachcroft (post-VI),McGuire Woods, Winston & Strawn, Stevens & Bolton, King & Spalding? I am trying to tell myself that it's because they are still reviewing, but something tells me I've been ghosted...
  16. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Yeah, I go into panic mode anytime I see a new email in my inbox just to realise that it is actually about ASOS sale or another apologetic email from TFL about delays and train cancellations.
  17. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Yup - Taylor Vinters, PwC and Taylor Wessing all seem to be using Arctic Shores game.
  18. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    That is nice of you to offer share your experience and offer advice, it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful the community here is! (Also, I am pretty sure that all the skills that you have gathered will help you to smash any upcoming ACs! :) )
  19. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    I hope so! I am getting quite anxious now though, because I am still waiting from 5 different firms for the outcome of my applications... I did not apply to any Big Names because I figured out recently that actually this might not be something I want to do (strange realization to have, I think...
  20. D

    Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

    Rejection from Taylor Vinters post balloons blowing... I mean, post game-based assessment :D Disappointing, but not surprising.