Sorry to hear about the rejections - they happen to the best of us, just hang in there a bit longer, I'm sure you will hear some good news soon!
As for PwC, my friend actually passed the game - he says it was completely unexpected, he got quite a low score (8000 points or so) compared to the...
Well, I generally despise all psychometric testing, so... :)
My scores for WG vary between 20th percentile to 80th percentile, I honestly think that it is mostly down to luck.
I also know that my feelings about psychometric tests are mostly due to the fact that this is the stage where many...
I have just done the same game for Taylor Vinters - honestly, I quite preferred it to the standard psychometric testing, but of course I had to bomb the "logical sequence" thingy at the end and my aptitude score that I received in the report was not that great (truthfully, it was shambles).
I...
I find it quite funny that Ashurst used to be so proud of not using any psychometric tests (I attended their Evening Presentation a year ago and I remember two partners boasting about this fact) only for them to introduce what seems to be applicants' worst nightmare :D
Well, well, well... How...
"All submitted application will then be reviewed after the closing date and you should receive an update on your application by the end of February 2020. No feedback will be given prior to February 2020."
This is from the confirmation email that the application was received :)
Well, in all fairness to them, they state explicitly on their website that: "We offer three vacation schemes: the summer scheme for penultimate-year law students, and the spring and winter schemes for final-year and graduate applicants of all disciplines"
But I agree that it is frustrating - I...
From my experience, it hugely depends on the firm/company, however questions are generally focused on your experience (virtually every single one of my paralegal interviews started with "Please tell me about your previous experience") . I would also expect a number of situational judgment...
Did you mean the Workshops? Bristows does not do vac schemes anymore ;)
In any case, they review on a non-rolling basis as far as I am aware, so I would not worry if you have not heard back from them as of now (the deadline is 31/01 so still plenty of time before they start responding).
In the course of the last 24 hours:
- I had a VI and at some point I had a cough fit which took over 15 second from my answer and I kept on sneezing throughout the rest of the interview. So, apparently having an interview when you're sick is not the best idea, kids.
- I got a rejection...
My company uses one of the most popular VI providers (which I think is also used by some law firms) and the feedback we receive from the candidates is always anonymous.
Not sure if the same can be told for the law firm that you applied to, but I would assume so!
I've also just got the rejection... I put so much research and energy into this application and I honestly thought that I stood a good chance especially since I was very keen on the firm.
I kind of feel like covering myself with a blanket and crying to "All by myself" now, but alas - I am...
Good luck to you, too! I'm sure your TC offer is somewhere there, you might have only just officially join us, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are all rooting for you! :)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.