Search results

  1. D

    Third time lucky

    I am based in London and went to uni (non-RG, if that matters) here as well. I work in the City right now :) The upside of living in London is that there is plenty of roles available at all times - of course, the competition is fierce, but it is still possible to find something rather quickly...
  2. D

    Ask A Graduate Recruiter Anything!

    *making a mental note to stop reading TSR and Legal Cheek comments section* Thank you! :)
  3. D

    Aspiring Solicitors - Commercial Awareness Competition 2019/2020.

    Hi guys! I am participating this year, too :) As a graduate I do not have that much contact with other peers currently, so would anybody be interested in setting up a separate forum/group/Skype for those of us who would like to chat over commercial issues together? If so, let me know!
  4. D

    Ask A Graduate Recruiter Anything!

    Hi Jessica As a non-RG graduate, I was advised to not waste my time on applications to certain law firms. From your experience, does my university put me in such a disadvantage that I should really not bother? For the record, I had an equivalent of straight As on my A-levels and ended up at my...
  5. D

    Third time lucky

    For my first paralegal role, I started the search just after I finished my exams, which I think gave me a slight advantage. Admittedly, I did not make any TC applications that early summer, because it was essential for me to find a job. I was looking for a job by myself, mostly by setting up...
  6. D

    Third time lucky

    Hi Sharaf! Thanks for sharing. You have plenty of valuable legal experience already, I am sure we will soon hear from you with good news re TC applications! :) Just one more thing I'd want to address: you mentioned that you are looking for paralegal job, but "realistically" more for legal...
  7. D

    Welcome! Introduce yourself here :)

    Hello everyone! I'm Dominika and I am a LLB graduate from Brunel University, currently working as in-house paralegal for technology company. I have only started applying for TCs in my final year with mixed results (one AC, a couple of VI, plenty of rejections) and during the past year I sadly...