Search results

  1. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Perhaps, but we don’t know what ‘statuses’ means - it could relate to need for supervision / lack of need rather than just job title.
  2. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Sorry to hear this ☹️ when did you hear back from them?
  3. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Has anyone done the MB job sim yet and fancy offering any insight? 🤞🏻
  4. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I applied VS 17/09, test received 29/10, taken 01/11, first time hearing from them since 👍🏻
  5. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Mayer Brown job sim invite 😁
  6. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I thought it was the unofficial rule that people choose law because they can’t do maths? 😂 I’m sure they wouldn’t discount you on that alone 👍🏻 good luck!
  7. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    HL WG invite! Applied 31/10
  8. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    RPC anticipating giving outcomes end of Feb at the latest post WG 👍🏻
  9. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I had the same experience
  10. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    RPC VS WG invite 😁 applied 24/10
  11. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Linklaters got in touch today to offer me a spot on next week’s OD as they’d made space - can’t make it unfortunately but nice of them to try 👌🏻
  12. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    A more sophisticated way of writing it would be to cover your experience in such a way it shows what skills you developed, rather than explicitly saying ‘I did X skill which is relevant because Y’ - they’ll already know why the skills are relevant to the role 👍🏻
  13. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I got the same - nice of them to let me know twice 😂
  14. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I’m pushing 30 (5 months to go) so you’ve got 2-3 years on me! The competition is insane so don’t take it too personally (hard to do, I know.) As well there are plenty of careers outside of law that give better working hours with just as much money so not necessarily the end of the world (which...
  15. G

    What to include in Work Experience on applications

    Put in all of your work experience, focussing on what your tasks were and what skills you developed as a result - it doesn’t all have to be ‘legal’ as you’ll need many soft skills to work in an office :) good luck!
  16. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Mayer Brown LGBT open day invite 👌🏻 let’s hope this goes smoother than my Linklaters one…
  17. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I applied VS 17/09, test received 29/10, taken 01/11, heard nothing since - I think they’re just slow
  18. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Took 5/6 weeks to get to me and I haven’t heard anything since completing it 👍🏻
  19. G

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    So I was accepted onto Linklaters OD but they didn’t receive my 3(!) emails confirming details - and now have rejected me as they’re full! I’ve sent them proof I responded but they say they have no spaces left so can’t do anything which is disappointing. Pretty annoyed rn..!