• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    did they say when they would get back? have you heard yet?
  2. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    anyone heard from HCR ? I had an email saying we would hear about AC invites "on or before Tuesday 28th April" which has obviously now passed...
  3. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    SO sorry, I only just saw this! I hope all went well - I actually didn't get that far with MM this year which was a bit of a brutal reality check, haha. General tips are the same as for all firms, tbh - know the firm, have a couple of personal stories for "tell me a time when", and some general...
  4. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    from the Cheltenham office? wondering if it's a bad omen that I haven't had a holding email from them
  5. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Michelmores second round invite just came in! Nothing from C R S but tbf I didn't hear from them until much later last year either. Finishing off my third application today, also for a firm I really care about, so that'll be a weight off my mind once it is sent off. Feeling more prepared this...
  6. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    I think it was quite intense but not too different from other firms' processes tbh - you may need to be more specific with your question, as I'm not sure what in particular you want to know? :) happy to help ofc ! I mean generally I would describe it as a good lesson on how the applications...
  7. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    ROUND 2 of 'TC or NOT TC, that is the question' Last year, I got through to the final rounds of my top two firms but received no TC offers in the end... A big fat NOT TC year for me, haha This year, I feel I know more about what I'm doing in this application process, and I'm also back at uni...
  8. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    two PFOs in one day! one from my top firm after interview with HR, and one immediately post application. #super
  9. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    ahh thanks, I mean at this point it isn't looking too hopeful but I suppose it's possible still... I really like CRS so am trying to stay positive, anyway!
  10. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    not necessarily all of them though, surely? I've only heard from people who applied to the London office, and I didn't go for that one. trying to still hold out hope...
  11. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    it seems a fair few have but I personally havent (I applied to the Chelt office).
  12. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I've not heard anything either... which office did you apply to?
  13. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    which office did you apply to, if you dont mind me asking? I'm wondering if this point there's any hope for my application lol. congratulations, by the way! sorry I don't have any personal insight!
  14. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    MMs interview went alright - I think I came across well (friendly & enthusiastic, researched firm well) but don't think my commercial awareness was necessarily proven. I really wanted to stand out and impress - but I suppose only time will tell. Currently just trying to file this away until I...
  15. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Yeah that must be the case, thank you! At least knowing this will mean I'll shift my behind into gear and send it off (ie stop faffing with the details) ! I'm sure your VI was not anything like as average/poor as you thought - I (and a lot of people) finish application stages feeling I could...
  16. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I haven't applied yet as I thought deadline was 21st March for DTC... now feeling somewhat confused!
  17. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    nice update from Michelmores this morning inviting me to HR online interview! so grateful to be given a chance with them as they are my top choice of firm. hopefully they agree we'll be a good match! I love the vibe of the firm, the social life looks good, and I'm keen to stay in the south west...
  18. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    there is a thread somewhere listing which firms recruit from direct TC versus from vac schemes. if you have a quick search you should find it:)
  19. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Michelmores post-VI invite to online interview with HR team!