Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.
Milbank done, that was effing awful.
How on earth can I ask for adjustments where there is nowhere which indicated what is in the test so I know which adjustments will need to be asked for!! Like something in there I 100% needed adjustments for but the firm didn't even respond to when I asked...
I normally structure a cover letter:
1. Why law
2. Why the firm
3. Why me
One firm asked:
Please write a cover letter addressing the following areas:
What attracts you to Gibson Dunn and the office to which you are applying.
Why you want to become a solicitor.
An outstanding personal achievement...
Some of these firms really need to work on their website. One talks about their winter VS in their FAQs - they are not offering a winter VS this year.
Another says in FAQs all opportunities are open to graduates of any disciplines, but in the description for literally each VS/TC non-law grads...
There is very little information about places offering in house TCs. Anything I could find online was outdated. I know Deloitte has one. Anywhere else have one this year?
Would it be worth applying to a mix of London office and non-London offices (i.e. are the non-llondon regional offices less competitive than their London counterpart)?
I am prepping for the next cycle, and one of the firms which I was planning on applying to for a VS does not allow graduates or post-graduates on their schemes.
Has anyone made a list of schemes which are undergraduate only vs open to everyone?
The exact wording they use is "we look into the possibility" to make arrangements for those overseas to attend virtually, it is not a guarantee and also not a hard no.
I hope there is another batch, this was just from my experience of doing 3 interviews with the firm from 17th-27th. The firm is also known for reviewing applications on a rolling basis which will likely have some effect
W&C zoom interviews were this week. AC and partner interview invites will go out Friday/Monday. Whether this is the first batch, or the only batch, I'm not sure
If anyone has done a white & case AC, can you dm me please? I have completed a HFW and WFW VS and can offer insight in exchange. Or any kind samaritans who I can talk to...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.