• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Bit of a rant but I really don't recommend an evening interview to anyone. You wake up early and have poor sleep becuase of stress, spend the day just stressing more, then by the time you get to the interview you are tired and your brain is fried. Let's hope I can pull through...
  2. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Somehow passed SH app review last year but not this year? Love going backwards
  3. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Its app and SJT reviewed together, from then on each component is evaluated individually
  4. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    They might send them out in batches, don't count yourself out too early
  5. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    literally not enough time to finish reading the question. It started recording my answer before the video question even finished
  6. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Was anyone else given literally no preparation time for the questions in the W&C video interview? I don't know if the short time was a mistake or not. I have never had preparation time so short before...
  7. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Does w&c review written application answers after video interview or before?
  8. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Just got a rejection post VS. Really disheartening since this is the second VS I have "failed".
  9. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Just did my first draft for my final application of the season. Just a waiting game from now on...
  10. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Congrats! Can I ask when you applied?
  11. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Just for tracking purposes, currently waiting on: Ashurst - first done last week Dentons - app submitted December HL - second test done February SH - app submitted October W&C - first test done today
  12. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    @Abbie Whitlock I did a VS in March and think it would be great to put in applications, especially since I don't have any other recent legal work experience. I will do so moving forwards, but what about previously submitted apps currently in progress? I have multiple direct TC applications which...
  13. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    I have a spring VS and want to update my already submitted apps to include this in the work experience section. Email firms' Grad rec (e.g. HL/mayer brown) saying I wish to add to my application with a brief work summary, or just leave it?
  14. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Any advice on how to ask a firm about transportation subsidies for a VS? I have found family to stay with in the South East so I do not need to pay for a hotel, but just help with the train ticket would be nice. I would understand if they do not offer this/reject my request since they are paying...
  15. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    This years' hiring process (tests, for example) are different to last year, so I assume the timelines will be different too
  16. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    They had almost the exact same setup in the assessment as FF and I believe it was about a 1-2 month wait post second assessment if I remember correctly
  17. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Someone answered this already. The reply is like 1 or 2 pages ago.
  18. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Here's hoping I do better on HL stage 2 than FF...