• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    immediately after submitting the app basically. it is automatic
  2. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I wasn't talking about mayer brown, it is a different firm lol. Anyways what was the point of searching and posting this? Bad vibes
  3. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Great question: 1. Nowhere did it say their process was in-person only. 2. In the wake of covid, being unable to accommodate things to be online is not an unrealistic expectation, or not automatically having an "online alternative" assessment day (as many other firms do). Many other firms of...
  4. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Update on this, they basically said "we will get back to you if anything comes up". Such a shame...
  5. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    this is for a different firm, not RS.
  6. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Assessment day! But, I live in a different country and they invited me in person. I can only hope they can accommodate and i can attend online...
  7. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Reed Smith online tests/VI invite! Does anyone have insight into these? From my understanding, they are quite long. Any tips apart from research the firm and prep your competencies? Also, I sometimes have abnormal speech patterns due to health stuff (i.e. pause once every minute before saying a...
  8. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Mayer Brown - has anyone heard post initial test recently? Mine was delayed by 3 weeks due to problems on their end rearding adjustments, but I still havn't hear pass/fail or gotten a job sim yet. Is it worth popping an email as it seems most people have gotten a rejection oemail or a job app...
  9. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Can you complete the mayer brown tests separately? I.e. I complete the SJT one day, and complete the second test including the video interview the next day? Can I complete them on different devices? These tests really caught me at a bad time....
  10. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    i received it on monday last week
  11. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Hi @Jessica Booker @Amma Usman and anyone who can help , A current TC app for an international commercial firm has the question "why you want to become a solicitor?". Can I talk about commercial law or international matters at all? Should I only speak about "why solicitor" generally...
  12. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I wish that if behavioral assessments or SJT include WG elements, it is disclosed. How can people who require adjustments ask for them if they they don't know they need to?
  13. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    "Tell us about any open days and events that you have attended in the legal sector" Does this include things like internships? Or only Law Fairs, webinars and open days?
  14. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Bird & Bird specify their AC is in-person. Other firms make allowances for online ACs for situations like living abroad. Anyone know what Bird & Bird's stance is? Thanks
  15. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Hi all, I am planning to apply next intake but have been out of the legal waters a few years working abroad. I am British and currently live overseas, so I assume direct TCs are my best option (since we are long past the COVID days of online VS). I did a VS back when assessment centres were...
  16. L

    Watson Farley Williams Direct TC 2024 Status Tracker

    They are sending out offers this week (at least to the vac schemers)
  17. L

    Help buying/choosing professional clothing (especially for women)

    I have popped onto this thread in a post-exam/pre-vac scheme panic and it has been such a help. My question is about blazers. At school it was trained into me that being seen without a blazer is unacceptable (we were even reprimanded for it). I am planning to bring a blazer every day but how...
  18. L

    TCLA General Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

    Networking/career dinner question : it starts at 6, what time should I get there? Is this a show up early or on-time kind of thing?
  19. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

    I've seen people mention they have AC invites from a couple weeks back so I have assumed PFO by this point