• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi @Abbie Whitlock, I was wondering how to structure the answer to "What do you understand to be the key features of the firm's approach to legal practice? Why does Skadden's model appeal to you? (300 words)"? Do I: Choose 2/3 features, write a paragraph on each, then add an experience and...
  2. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi @Abbie Whitlock, hope you're doing well! I was wondering how you'd approach answering the following question: "What do you think would be the most challenging elements about working at the firm as a trainee? How would you approach these challenges?" Should I need to link my approach back to...
  3. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    How much time, on average, does everyone spend on each app?
  4. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I'm so annoyed I had my answers ready to go
  5. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi @Abbie Whitlock, When answering “Detail your extracurricular activities interests and positions of responsibility. Please state what you feel you have gained from them and how others have benefited from your involvement (250 words max)”, should I focus only on extracurricular experiences, or...
  6. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi @Abbie Whitlock, or anyone else who can help! Wilkie's website states: "We welcome applicants from all universities and degree disciplines. We are looking for consistently strong academics, and our minimum academic requirements are as follows: a 2:1 at undergraduate level, a commendation at...
  7. 174Tess9y3

    Ask Simpson Thacher Anything (26/27)

    Hi @Paul@SimpsonThacher , thank you for taking the time! During the TCLA zoom you mentioned something about SQE resits but unfortunately my WiFi glitched and I missed the end of your sentence - so sorry if this question is repetitive! Is it worth applying if I’ve passed the SQE but had to...
  8. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    From their website, its sjt + VI, and then the next stage will be the written task
  9. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Does anyone have any advice for Macfarlanes Stage 2 online test? I am terrible at video interviews but really want to pass!
  10. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi everyone! Does anyone know how to research McDermott Will & Schulte (or have applied in the past)? I can't find anything about them online besides their website and a bit in chambers
  11. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Did not see that and applied with normal paragraphs 🤦🏻‍♀️guess that’ll go in the rejection list already @Abbie Whitlock would you agree?
  12. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Anyone have any advice for the Macfarlanes Capptivate test? Or the test in general if they’re all similar
  13. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Does anyone have any advice on preparing for case studies?
  14. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Would anyone who previously applied to Gibson Dunn and was successful be open to a quick question?
  15. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I got 2 first-year modules with 2:2s and got a vac scheme at a US firm. I'm sure you'll be fine!
  16. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Thank you so much! Is it a 1 or 2 page job?
  17. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Hi! Does anyone know what Gibson Dunn's application questions were last year? trying to make an initial draft but can't find anything
  18. 174Tess9y3

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Congrats! Do you mind sharing which date this was for?