• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. D

    How ready did you feel for SQE1?

    Hi, how many questions would you say you were doing daily during the revision period? I have only managed to do 1000 so far, and there's around 3000 left with ULaw, I am confident I can get through them before the exams but I dont know what is a good number to do everyday to build mental stamina...
  2. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Thank you for giving examples :) I do mention some of these skills like research & communication , but I have to admit that I haven’t explained how they will be helpful to my career in law. I’ll try to improve on that aspect.
  3. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    How realistic is it to get a VS or TC offer if you haven't had many conventional jobs in general? There is usually an emphasis on how non-legal work experience is equally as important, but what if you don't have much work experience at all? I am 23, and graduating this year (with a 2:1 most...
  4. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    sorry i meant if you progress to that stage, does it have to be submitted by the application deadline? I wanted to work on the application but unsure if it is worth doing at this point with the deadline being 3 days away.
  5. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Does anyone know if you have to do the VI for Addleshaw before the deadline?
  6. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    That makes sense, thank you.
  7. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Hey, well done on progressing to the test ! I just found out about this diversity scheme and was wondering if they consider successful applicants for a TC or do you need to apply separately for that?
  8. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Sorry if this is obvious but does this mean they consider apps on a non-rolling basis? The firm is TLT.
  9. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Hi @Jessica Booker . @axelbeugre, could you please share your opinions on this.
  10. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    If you studied a different A-level equivalent course like computing before doing the law A-level equivalent or at a similar level, can/should you discuss that in the why law questions? I am asking because I went through that experience and realized that legal aspects of computing like patents...
  11. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Burges Salmon WVS PFO
  12. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Was just about to ask this, I am applying to English firms while doing an English law degree in Scotland. From my perspective, if I am applying to regional firms rather than City, then that is in of itself an indication that I'll stick, but I completely understand that the firm has no reason to...
  13. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    It is like a training course, so I guess I'll put it in the extra curricular section. Thank you for the input.
  14. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Yes, I received a certificate upon completion, recognized by the Association for Coaching.
  15. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    If you complete an accredited coaching/leadership programme, would this still be added to the education section of app. forms?
  16. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Lol and here's me applying from nearly 400 miles away, on the last day of application, doing the tests at 23:49 🤦‍♂️
  17. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Does anyone know if Eversheds Sutherland reimburse travel expenses for Graduate Insight Evenings?
  18. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    I honestly do not have any advice but I can relate to this so much. The one and only AC I made came after doing WG, Verbal Reasoning and VI, but when the feedback came, it was like they were describing someone else. I wanted to learn from it but seemed like I was not fit for them at all, even...
  19. D

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    I've tried that but so far haven't been able to find someone with a similar background, I'll keep looking though.