Search results

  1. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    White & Case AC invite! Does anyone have any insight?
  2. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    does anyone know at all why ropes & gray doesn't have a work experience section? considering the commercial question doesn't ask for any linking back to ourselves, how can the firm know anything about us other than grades?
  3. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    @Jessica Booker This might be a silly question, but do firms judge appearances during ACs, specifically piercings? I'm not covered or anything, but I have a decent amount on my ears, and have always covered them with my hair during online interviews. For an in-person AC, should I consider...
  4. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    @Jessica Booker @Amma Usman @Andrei Radu I have an AC coming up with a Magic Circle firm, and was wondering how I should go about be able to explain the difference between each firm? I have done research on the various departments they lead in and some other elements such as diversity...
  5. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    what was the PW one about?
  6. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    just out of curiosity, every email I've received from firms has always been sent on a Friday, is this because firms do it in batches, or is it a coincidence?
  7. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    In application forms, I've only ever been asked either why law or why commercial, so I've always used the same answer and same experience but obviously elaborating a bit more on the commercial aspect if asked the latter. If I am asked why law, would it be acceptable to say that I didn't realise...
  8. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    @Amma Usman @Jessica Booker @Andrei Radu What is the best way of approaching answers to why law vs why commercial law? I did law undergrad and had debated changing careers until I decided to pursue masters degree in international commercial where I took a practical M&A module which made me...
  9. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    would thing like the increase in scrutiny from the CMA and EU Commission towards digital markets or increase in investments into technology be examples of this?
  10. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    @Jessica Booker @Amma Usman @Andrei Radu When a firm says that during an interview they will be looking for "knowledge of current affairs and ability to apply this knowledge to the benefit of a discussion" in a case study exercise, what exactly do they mean by this? Does this mean that, for...
  11. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    paul, weiss' deadline on the 19th and they're non-rolling. considered the amount of applications they're gonna get this year i dont think anyone will get responses until mid feb at least
  12. A

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    again thank you so much!! was there anyone thing specific that you did to prepare? other than the obvious reviewing motivational questions (why cc, etc)
  13. A

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    hey, thank you so much for this. just of curiosity, did you get feedback after the AC, and if so, did they mention anything specific
  14. A

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Hey guys, does anyone have any insight for Clifford Chance AC?
  15. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    @Jessica Booker When a firm says that during an interview they will be looking for "knowledge of current affairs and ability to apply this knowledge to the benefit of a discussion" in a case study exercise, what exactly do they mean by this? Does this mean that, for example if the case study...
  16. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    im not entirely sure, but i saw online that another deadline from previous years was 23:59 so that might be the case for the 2nd. deffo dont take my word for it though lol
  17. A

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    does anyone know if debevoise recruits on a rolling basis? the thread on here says TBC, does anyone have any idea?