2:1 year average, 2:2 in one module..

bangy

Jul 23, 2020
I’m in first year and have achieved a 2:1 average, but in a Public Law module I achieved 56% which dropped my average quite a bit and has me worried!! Would it impact my applications for vac schemes/TCs in the future? Please help!!

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
I’m in first year and have achieved a 2:1 average, but in a Public Law module I achieved 56% which dropped my average quite a bit and has me worried!! Would it impact my applications for vac schemes/TCs in the future? Please help!!

You'll be fine, as Jessica noted.

You may be asked about it in an interview (as it turns out, I wasn't asked a single question about any of my grades in the 10+ interviews I've done). If you are, just have an answer to why it is a little lower. You don't need to lie. No-one likes Public law anyway! :)

• 🤝
  • Haha
Reactions: Camilla and Daniel Boden

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
Jul 29, 2018

You'll be fine - don't worry at all :) I knew of a friend who had 2.1 average but 2.2s in criminal and EU law. He was still invited to many interviews and assessment centres :)

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.