2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Finally submitted my Dentons app! Does anyone know their response time, if their rolling etc?
Applied for their TC at the end of March, and I'm still waiting to hear back

Daffy Duck Waiting GIF

Abbie4329

Distinguished Member
Jul 21, 2020
I would still apply - what's there to loose? even the time that you spend on the application is an investment because you gain experience. Go for it!!
Spending hours reading and writing an app that probably won’t be read is fine if you have spare time. But if the posted has got exams, work or other responsibilities it may not be worth the effort.

Abbie4329

Distinguished Member
Jul 21, 2020
Oh, thank you! Why?
Elite US firms often take all their trainees from the vac schemes despite advertising direct Tc. Direct apps often aren’t even read. If you have the time spend on the app that’s fine but if you have other pressing priorities I’d focus on those. You could try and email Akin grad rec and ask them how many they take from direct.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Elite US firms often take all their trainees from the vac schemes despite advertising direct Tc. Direct apps often aren’t even read. If you have the time spend on the app that’s fine but if you have other pressing priorities I’d focus on those. You could try and email Akin grad rec and ask them how many they take from direct.
This might be the case for some US firms, but I wouldn’t expect them all to do this.

Reactions: Jacob Miller

TCGIRLLL

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Thank you!
I’ve emailed them and before sending off any more, I’ll call/email grad recruitment first.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’ve already sent it off tbh! Thanks for the encouragement, I needed this. I also emailed grad rec to confirm.
To be frank, they won’t tell you your application won’t be reviewed. If that was certainly the case, then they wouldn’t open applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.