Not open for further replies.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Has anyone submitted an application for Stephenson Harwood? I am confused because their application questions more or less seem to be asking the exact same thing:

Tell us about a time you have exceeded expectations in your work and/or study.
  • What challenges did you experience?
  • How did you respond to those challenges?
  • What was the outcome?
Tell us about responsibilities you have taken on outside of work and/or study.
  • Outline your personal achievements
  • What motivated you to achieve this?
  • How have you worked effectively with others?
Tell us when you have exceeded expectations in your work, study and/or outside interests.
  • What challenges did you experience?
  • How did you respond to those challenges?
  • What was the outcome?
If anyone has any advice on how to go about this I would really appreciate it! Additionally, does it seem that they only want one example per question?

Hi all, I know NikkiT raised this before but I've not seen anything else on it--Stephenson Harwood appear to ask a very similar question twice, how have others approached this? I'm guessing that I'll just answer it twice with different examples? Not sure if it's an error, has anyone spoken to them about it?

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    still waiting to hear back. The deadline is 15 January. So perhaps the Grad Rec team are waiting to collate all of the apps then review?
    From their emails they have said they review on a rolling basis, so I assume they won't be reviewing all of the applications together.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    I applied to Mishcon in late November and realised that I put one of my A Level grades as an A*, not an A, not sure how that happened when I checked my application 100 times over. I subsequently emailed graduate recruitment in the interests of integrity, and have had a reply to say that they have noted this on my application and I have noticed people are getting VIs, shall I assume mine is a PFO?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.