Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Has anyone applied to CRS? Having trouble finding a thread for it here. This question, which is 250 words, is a tricky one, especially as they want you to focus on *one* thing. Any one have any advice?

"If you were given the opportunity to change one thing at Charles Russell Speechlys, what would you change and why?"

So I think there's two ways you can go about this. You can identify one thing the firm already has in place that you'd like to improve or it could be something that the firm lacks that you'd like to introduce. Either approach would work. In terms of what kind of things you can talk about: training, the work at the firm (any areas you think they should focus growth on that would complement existing areas etc), tech investment. Personally I would try to identify who their competitors are and see if there's anything they do that would benefit CRS. I'd look at firms like Withers and Mischon since CRS are predominantly focused on private client work and mid-market M&A.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LegalUser and Edward

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Can you renege a job offer even once you have signed a contract? Don't wanna put that pen to paper and get stuck 😂

If this isn't a TC, most jobs usually have something like a one month notice period which if you don't provide, you'd have to pay them one month's salary. That being said, I think this varies depending on your contract so maybe have a look at that.

If it is a TC, then yes you can renege. It just won't look very good but if you haven't accepted financial assistance then there's no personal loss to you.

Reactions: Jaysen

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    Has anyone put any forage/inside sherpa virtual internships completed with one firm on an application of a different firm?

I recently completed one and not sure whether I should add it as supplementary info for a different firm's app?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    If this isn't a TC, most jobs usually have something like a one month notice period which if you don't provide, you'd have to pay them one month's salary. That being said, I think this varies depending on your contract so maybe have a look at that.

If it is a TC, then yes you can renege. It just won't look very good but if you haven't accepted financial assistance then there's no personal loss to you.
    Say I hadn't even started the job? Could I renege it then?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.