2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara648926

Jan 15, 2021
If anybody needs some encouragement on a Thursday afternoon, re. Kirkland applications - I saw a few people receiving AC invites on here yesterday and then those who hadn't, prematurely accepting their lack of invites as a sure rejection. I spoke to a member of Kirkland GR today, who told me that my app. is still under consideration - yours probably is too! so don't feel bad.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass something on. The first vacation scheme I ever secured was an application that I submitted at about 11pm on the 31st January. I wasn't planning on applying until a friend of mine flagged it up and said I should just go for it. If it wasn't for that application, I would have had no vacation schemes/offers that cycle.

I know this has been a tough month, so it's completely understandable if you need a break. But if you have time (and the motivation) over the next few days to send just one extra application out, that could be the application that leads to an offer.

AS2000

Distinguished Member
    Nov 15, 2020
    No, I think what the grad recruiter meant is that they are currently still reviewing applications and making decisions, so candidates should expect to hear by mid-February. So she basically said not to worry if you haven't heard back yet as they are still going through the process. Though, out of interest when did you apply?

I know how you feel and the wait is not fun, but stay positive! As people say here: no news is good news!
    Thank you for the information! I also tried reaching out to their grad team through LinkedIn but they haven't responded yet. I applied late, on either 31/12 or 01/01. Sometimes no news is good too, but I can't stop feeling anxious about the process! When did you apply by the way?

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
    Jan 6, 2021
    Hi! For the application question, “what is one thing you would change about our firm and why”, is it risky to mention wanting to see an improvement in diversity and inclusion? I wanted to begin the answer by acknowledging what the firm has started doing, but that their statistics indicate that they really have a long way to go. Furthermore I would mention the benefits of the firm incorporating more D+I. However, I’m not sure if I should instead focus on a more purely “commercial answer” (e.g. expansion to different countries etc).
    Thank you 😊

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.