2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I've heard that in Slaughters interviews they sometimes ask whether you were rejected from Oxbridge (I was). How would I go about answering that question without sounding like I was really unprepared for my Oxford interview etc.?

Well if you think it's going to be a problem, unless you've mentioned it in your application for some reason (which would be quite weird if you didn't go, imho) just don't bring it up. Ultimately an interview is your chance to talk about your experiences, and it follows that you should be able to choose which ones you mention, and vice versa which ones you don't!

Reactions: ar2r

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Am I right in thinking Osborne Clarke said they'll aim to get back to us this week? I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it in my emails.
    Here’s the email:

“We aim to be in touch within three weeks of the application deadline to advise you of the status of your application. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries.”

The deadline was the 16th I think so looks like they’re aiming for this week

Reactions: jkjk99 and Kelly_

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Is that really a question that could be asked?! Just seems really irrelevant, pretty out of touch and has no bearing as to whether you'd be able to the job...
    I've heard that in Slaughters interviews they sometimes ask whether you were rejected from Oxbridge (I was). How would I go about answering that question without sounding like I was really unprepared for my Oxford interview etc.?
    in my TC interview they spent 5 mins on this topic ha

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Really stuck at what news story to talk about if I'm asked in my AC. Has anyone got any ideas? TIA! x
    Gamestop
    Uber agrees to buy alcohol-delivery service Drizly in $1.1bn deal (If M&A is interesting to you) but this came in my commercial awareness news today and I find this interesting
    Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to step aside is a good one and could use PESTEL in this story with the impact on the law firm if they have Amazon as a client

Hope that helps.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    So if a VI asks me ‘why law’ for example, and I’ve already given this answer in my initial application, do I just repeat myself? It sounds silly but my motivations haven’t changed
    I would try and think of other ways but if you can’t it’s fine to state them again I think ask again to see if there’s more reasons since you applied?

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Season 5 Idk GIF by The Office

Dear Addleshaw Goddard

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.