2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I was about to congratulate you and then frantically dm you for all of your tips and secrets to success 🤣🤣

I didn't even apply to any MC firms this year!

Fun fact, though. My first ever law job interview was with Slaughter and May which I got by a total fluke through some open day thing and was totally, totally unprepared for. It was a complete wreck. Been avoiding it ever since!

Reactions: AspiringSol

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Any threads/advice on how to turn your VS into a TC?
    Just to add to the excellent threads Jess posted above, in terms of preparation, this thread I made last year may be helpful for you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just to add to the excellent threads Jess posted above, in terms of preparation, this thread I made last year may be helpful for you :)

I knew there were more out there, but I seem to have lost the bookmark function so can't repost all my saved posts :confused:

• Sad
    Reactions: Daniel Boden
    D

Deleted member 3795

That is often the format.

With this situation it might be that there are some absolute “no” outcomes for the weakness, which will make someone unsuccessful. That might only be 2-3 of a 10-12 list of strengths. It maybe the case that you are also unsuccessful if you haven’t got balance across your three strengths. For instance, if all three of your strengths suggest you are more independent than a team player (or vice versa). It’s hard to know the specifics, but as I mentioned, in successful candidates it is often the things that are not there, rather than the things that are.
    Hi Jessica

Just out of interest, what weakness would you consider to be an absolute "no" under these circumstances?

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    I'm still waiting on a response for my Forsters App from last cycle. Not even joking. They rolled it over due to Covid. So expect to wait a while!
    I’ve heard this! Does this mean that they’re not actually recruiting this year? I mean I submitted my app all fine but I’m still sceptical based on people’s experiences lol

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I’ve heard this! Does this mean that they’re not actually recruiting this year? I mean I submitted my app all fine but I’m still sceptical based on people’s experiences lol

As I understand it from my (limited) interactions with Forsters' grad rec team, what they've done is just bring the 2022 cycle forward a year. So everyone who is applying for 2022 contracts will apparently be interviewed alongside and assessed at the same time as those looking for 2023. 2023 applicants shouldn't be affected at all, I don't think.

But what law firms say and what law firms do are two entirely different things, so you are right to be sceptical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.